Acclaimed director Mitani Koki (“Suteki na Kanashibari,” “The Magic Hour”) has just announced the impressive cast of his upcoming film “Kiyosu Kaigi,” based on a historical novel he published earlier this year. Yakusho Koji, Oizumi Yo, Kohinata Fumiyo, and Sato Koichi, who have all appeared in Mitani films before, will play the four leads of the story.
“Kiyosu Kaigi” revolves around the conference held between several of Oda Nobunaga’s men following Oda’s death at Honno-ji, as they tried to determine the daimyo’s succession. Mitani has cast Yakusho as Shibata Katsuie, Oizumi as Hashiba Hideyoshi (later known as Toyotomi Hideyoshi), Kohinata as Niwa Nagahide, and Sato as Ikeda Tsuneoki.
The other cast members who have been announced are:
- Suzuki Kyoka (as Oichi)
- Tsumabuki Satoshi (as Oda Nobukatsu)
- Iseya Yusuke (as Oda Nobukane)
- Bando Minosuke (as Oda Nobutaka)
- Goriki Ayame (as Matsuhime)
- Sasai Eisuke (as Oda Nobunaga)
- Nakamura Kankuro (as Oda Nobutada)
- Asano Tadanobu (as Maeda Toshiie)
- Terajima Susumu (as Kuroda Kanbe)
- Anan Kenji (as Takigawa Kazumasu)
- Matsuyama Kenichi (as Hori Hidemasa)
- Denden (as Maeda Gen’i)
- Asano Kazuyuki (as Akechi Mitsuhide)
- Sometani Shota (as Mori Ranmaru)
- Nakatani Miki (as Nene, wife of Hideyoshi)
- Amami Yuki (as Edage, a ninja)
- Nishida Toshiyuki (as Sarashina Rokubei, the fallen warrior Nishida played in “Suteki na Kanashibari”)
- Seto Catherine
- Kondo Yoshimasa
- Toda Keiko
- Kajihara Zen
Mitani has stated that the movie will naturally contain his trademark humor, but he is also aiming to make the movie more of a human drama revolving around the characters who have staked their lives.
“Kiyosu Kaigi” is expected to open in fall 2013.