- Name: Akikawa Masafumi (秋川雅史)
- Birthday: October 11th, 1967
- Birthplace: Saijou, Ehime, Japan
- Blood Type: A
Akikawa Masafumi made his debut in 2001 with the album Passione ~Fukkatsu no Utagoe~. He released his first single "Sen no Kaze ni Natte" on May 24th, 2007. The song is a cover of Arai Man's song of the same name with lyrics translated from Mary Elizabeth Frye's popular poem "Do not stand at my grave and weep". The single only sold a few copies in 2006 but Akikawa got his invitation to the 57th NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen. After his performance at the show, the song became extremely popular in Japan and the single also reached #1 on the Oricon weekly charts. It sold 1,115,499 copies in 2007 and was the best selling single of the year. The single also sold 111,040 more copies in 2008, making it the 65th best selling single of 2008.
Follow the success of "Sen no Kaze ni Natte", Akikawa released his fourth album Sen no Kaze ni Natte ~Ichigo Ichie~ which reached #12 on the weekly Oricon charts, selling 70,890 copies. He then released his second single "Negai", TBS drama Honjitsu mo Hare. Ijo Nashi's theme song in February 2009.
- [2001.12.21] Passione ~Fukkatsu no Utagoe~ (パッシオーネ～復活の歌声～; Passion ~Revival of the Singing Voice~)
- [2004.05.26] Dream of Love ~Ai no Yume~ (愛の夢; Dream of Love)
- [2005.09.21] Ifuu Doudou (威風堂々; Pomp and Circumstance)
- [2008.04.02] Sen no Kaze ni Natte ~Ichigo Ichie~ (千の風になって～一期一会～; I Am a Thousand Wind ~One Time, One Meeting~)
- [2010.06.30] Fantasista ~Tsubasa wo Kudasai~
- [2006.03.22] Ifuu Doudou (威風堂々) (DVD-Audio)
- [2008.01.01] Akikawa Masafumi Recital '07 Tokyo Sen no Kaze ni Natte (秋川雅史リサイタル'07東京 千の風になって)