Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Japanese: Kidou Senshi Gundam Double 00 (機動戦士ガンダム00)) is the seventh alternative universe adaption of Sunrise company's Gundam franchise. The anime series was divided into two seasons: the first season was aired on Mainichi Broadcasting System and Tokyo Broadcasting System from October 6th, 2007 to March 29th, 2008 at 6:00 PM Saturday plot; the second season was aired from October 5th, 2008 to March 29th, 2009 on 5:00 PM Sunday plot. A movie was announced by the end of the last episode of the second series and was scheduled to by released in 2010.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Staffs
- 3 Characters
- 4 Music
- 5 Episode List
- 6 External Links
In the 24th century, the fossil fuels was replaced by solar energy produced by three big orbital elevators. The world was divided into three big factions: UNION centered by North America, Human Reform League centered by China and Advanced European Union (AEU) centered by Europe. Despite that the world was evolved into a new era, in Middle East, there are still poor countries exhausted by the backward of fossil energy. This is where riots appear frequently causing the last energy war.
In the year 2307 AD, a unknown mobile suit suddenly appears at an AEU's military exercise and defeats the lastest Enact model. The mobile suit is later revealed to be a Gundam owned by Celestial Being, a mysterious organization from space. After the event of AEU's military exercise, a video footage is sent to the world's media, it features a declaration from Aeolia Schenberg, a genius scientist died 200 years ago. Schenberg announces that Celestial Being is a private military organization dedicated to eradicating wars and uniting humanity through the armed interventions of the Gundams.
The protagonist, Setsuna F Seiei is a 16-year old Meister of Gundam Exia. Aside from Exia, Celestial Being also has three other Gundams piloted by the Meisters: Lockon Stratos, Allelujah Haptism and Tieria Erde. The story follows the journey of the Ptolemaios, a non-armed Celestial Being spaceship dedicated to transporting and planning missions for the Gundams.
The year is now 2312, four years after the defeat of Celestial Being, the world was unified into Earth Sphere Federation. A-LAWS, an independent military faction was established to keep peace, but its true face is different from its appearance. Ruled by the Innovators in the shadow, A-LAWS regularly issues merciless massacres to anti-government organizations which often dragged innocent people into. Because of information covering, the public are not known about their actions and people are placed into a false peace.
The story begins with an A-LAWS attack to Colony Proud, it drags the workers at the colony into the conflict between A-LAWS and Katharon, an anti-government organization. Setsuna F Seiei pilots the damaged Gundam Exia to the colony in order to stop the massacre. In a battle with Ahead mobile suits, Exia was destroyed and Setsuna is rescued by Tieria who is piloting the Seravee Gundam. The two bring Saji Crossroad, a space engineer rescued by Setsuna in Colony Proud to the rebuilt Ptolemaios. They decide to gather Celesting Being's members again to destroy A-LAWS.
The movie will follow Ptolemaios II's trip to Jupiter at the end of episode 25 of the second season, Jupiter is also showed surrounding by four green lights. It is leaded by the phrase "The Childhood of Humankind Ends". The movie name was later revealed to be Gekijouban Mobile Suit Gundam 00 A wakening of the Trailblazer (劇場版 機動戦士ガンダムOO A wakening of the Trailblazer) and was set to continue the story of the second season.
- Director: Mizushima Seiji
- Series Composition: Kuroda Yosuke
- Screenplay: Kuroda Yosuke
- Original creator: Yamate Hajime, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Character design: Koga Yun, Chiba Michinori
- Music: Kawai Kenji
- Production: Sunrise, Mainichi Broadcasting
- Setsuna F Seiei (刹那・F・セイエイ) - real name: Soran Ebrahim
- The protagonist of the series, pilot of Gundam Exia in the first season and 00 Gundam in the second season. Setsuna was a child soldier in Krugis, in a battle 6 years ago, he was rescued by the O Gundam. He later joined Celestial Being at the age of 14. He is 16 years-old at the beginning of the first season and 21 years-old in the second season.
- Voiced by Miyano Mamoru and Nishigaki Yuka (child)
- Lockon Stratos (ロックオン・ストラトス) - real name: Neil Dylandy (first season), Lyle Dylandy (second season)
- Pilot of Gundam Dynames. Lockon is also considered as the pilot team's leader. He lost his family in a terrorist attack years ago and is now with Celestial Being for revenge. Neil was killed in mission at the end of the first season and is replaced by his twin brother, Lyle in the second season who pilots Cherudim Gundam.
- Voiced by Miki Shinichiro
- Allelujah Haptism (アレルヤ・ハプティズ)
- Pilot of Gundam Kyrios in the first season and Arios Gundam in the second season. He was an Super Soldier's experiment subject causing a sadistic alter ego, named Hallelujah inside him. After the destruction of Gundam Kyrios, Allelujah was imprisoned for four years and is rescued by Setsuna in episode 3 of the second season.
- Voiced by Yoshino Hiroyuki and Jou Masako (child)
- Tieria Erde (ティエリア・アーデ)
- Pilot of Gundam Virtue in the first season and Seravee Gundam in the second season. He is an Innovator and has a strong respect to Neil who taught him about humanity.
- Voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi
Crew of the Ptolemaios
The crew of the Ptolemaios mission is for supporting the Gundam Meisters during battles. It was later joined by Saji Crossroad, Soma Peries and Anew Returner in the second season.
- Sumeragi Lee Noriega (スメラギ・李・ノリエガ) - real name: Leesa Kujo
- Captain of the Ptolemaios and Ptolemaios II. She is a gifted tactician and the sister figure of the crew.
- Voiced by Honna Yoko
- Feldt Grace (フェルト・グレイス)
- A sweet girl who is the tactical operator of Ptolemaios and Ptolemaios II. She is the daughter of second generation's Gundam Meisters.
- Voiced by Takagaki Ayahi
- Christina Sierra (クリスティナ・シエラ)
- Tactical operator of Ptolemaios and a genius hacker. She died at the end of the first season
- Voiced by Sato Arise
- Lichtendahl Tsery (リヒテンダール・ツエーリ)
- Helmsman of Ptolemaios, nicknamed Licht by others. He died at the end of the first season.
- Voiced by Azuma Masataka
- Lasse Aeon (ラッセ・アイオン)
- Gunner of Ptolemaios and Ptolemaios II. He pilots the GNR-001 GN Arms for Setsuna at end of the first season and the repainted O Gundam at end of the second season.
- Voiced by Touchi Hiroki
- Mileina Vashti (ミレイナ・ヴァスティ)
- Tactical operator of Ptolemaios II. She is the daughter of Ian Vashti.
- Voiced by Tomatsu Haruka
- Ian Vashti (イアン・ヴァスティ)
- Head of Celestial Being's mechanical development team and chief engineer of the Ptolemaios and Ptolemaios II.
- Voiced by Umezu Hideyuki
- Linda Vashti (リンダ・ヴァスティ)
- An engineer of Celestial Being who is Ian's wife and Mileina's mother.
- Voiced by Hayamizu Risa
- Saji Crossroad (沙慈・クロスロード)
- He was originally a student and Setsuna's neighborhood in Japan in the first season and is brought to Celestial Being by Setsuna at the beginning of the second season. He works as an engineer for Ptolemaios II and the pilot for 0 Raiser.
- Voiced by Irino Miyu
- Wang Liu Mei (王留美)
- A beautiful Chinese girl who is the head of Wang family. She works as an agent for Celestial Being.
- Voiced by Shindo Kei
- Hong Long (紅龍)
- Wang Liu Mei's steward and bodyguard. He was later revealed to be Liu Mei's brother in the second season.
- Voiced by Takahashi Kenji
- Johann Trinity (ヨハン・トリニティ)
- The eldest brother of Trinity siblings and the pilots Gundam Throne Eins. He is killed by Ali Al-Saachez in episode 22 of the first season.
- Voiced by Konishi Katsuyuki
- Michael Trinity (ミハエル・トリニティ)
- The second brother of Trinity siblings and the pilots Gundam Throne Zwei. He is killed by Ali Al-Saachez in episode 22 of the first season.
- Voiced by Namikawa Daisuke
- Nena Trinity (ネーナ・トリニティ)
- The youngest sister of Trinity siblings. She pilots Gundam Throne Drei in both seasons. Nena was rescued by Setsuna from an assault of Ali Al-Saachez in episode 22 of the first season. In the second season, after the death of her brothers, she joins Wang faction to avenge for them.
- Voiced by Kugimiya Rie
- Aeolia Schenberg (イオリア・シュヘンベルグ)
- The founder of Celestial Being who died 200 years ago.
- Voiced by Otsuka Chikao
- Alejandro Corner (アレハンドロ・コーナー)
- A watcher of Celestial Being. He is the main antagonist of the first season.
- Voiced by Matsumoto Yasunori
Three Major Factions
- Graham Aker (グラハム・エーカー)
- An ace pilot of Union. He pilots a custom Flag in the first season. In the second season, after defeated by Setsuna, he changes his name to Mister Bushido (ミスター・ブシドー) and joins A-LAWS.
- Voiced by Nakamura Yuichi
- Billy Katagiri (ビリー・カタギリ)
- A mobile suit developer and friend with Graham Aker. He is former classmate with Leesa Kujo (Sumeragi Lee Noriega) and has confessed his love to her.
- Voiced by Ueda Yuji
Human Reform League
- Soma Peries (ソーマ・ピーリス) - real name: Marie Parfacy
- An Super Soldier of Human Reform League. She pilots a Tieren Taozi in the first season. In the second season, after recovering her memories, she follows Allelujah and joins Celestial Being.
- Voiced by Ogasawara Arisa
- Sergei Smirnov (セルゲイ・スミルノフ)
- A colonel of Human Reform League and the father figure to Soma Peries. He joins Earth Sphere Federation's military force in the second season.
- Voiced by Ishizuka Unsho
Advanced European Union
- Patrick Colasour (パトリック・コーラサワー)
- An ace pilot of AEU. He survived the battle with the Gundams in the first season and joins A-LAWS following Kati Mannequin in the second season.
- Voiced by Hamada Kenji
- Kati Mannequin (カティ・マネキン)
- A colonel of AEU. She joins A-LAWS as in the second season.
- Voiced by Takayama Minami
- Ali Al-Saachez (アリー・アル・サーシェス)
- A mercenary from Middle East and a major antagonist of the series. He works for the Innovators in the second season.
- Voiced by Fujiwara Keiji
- Louise Halevy (ルイス・ハレヴィ)
- She is originally a student in Japan and Saji's girlfriend. She joins A-LAWS in the second season in order to avenge for her family killed by Nena Trinity.
- Voiced by Saito Chiwa
- Andrei Smirnov (アンドレイ・スミルノフ)
- A member of A-LAWS and the son of Sergei Smirnov.
- Voiced by Shiratori Tetsu
- Homer Katagiri (ホーマー・カタギリ)
- The chief commander of A-LAWS and Billy Katagiri's uncle.
- Voiced by Otomo Ryuzaburo
- Ribbons Almark (リボンズ・アルマーク)
- The main antagonist of the second season. He is the leader of the Innovators.
- Voiced by Sougetsu Noboru
- Regene Regetta (リジェネ・レジェッタ)
- An Innovator who shares the same DNA structure as Tieria Erde. Although working for Ribbons, he also has his plan.
- Voiced by Paku Romi
- Revive Revival (リヴァイブ・リバイバル)
- An Innovator who shares the same DNA structure as Anew Returner. He is sent to A-LAWS by Ribbons.
- Voiced by Saiga Mitsuki
- Hiling Care (ヒリング・ケア)
- An Innovator who shares the same DNA structure as Ribbons Almark. She is sent to A-LAWS by Ribbons.
- Voiced by Kawasho Miyuki
- Anew Returner (アニュー・リターナー)
- An Innovator who shares the same DNA structure as Revive Revival. She is sent to Celestial Being to be a spy. She is also Lyle Dylandy's lover.
- Voiced by Shiraishi Ryoko
- Bring Stabity (ブリング・スタビティ) and Devine Nova (デヴァイン・ノヴァ)
- Two Innovators who share the same DNA structure. They was killed by Tieria Erde and Setsuna F Seiei in the second season.
- Voiced by Okiayu Ryotaro
- Marina Ismail (マリナ・イスマイール)
- The First Princess of Azadistan Kingdom. She shares a strong bond with Setsuna.
- Voiced by Tsunematsu Ayumi
- Shirin Bakhtiar (シーリン・バフティヤール)
- The assistant of Marina. She joins Katharon in the second season.
- Voiced by Neya Michiko
- Kinue Crossroad (絹江・クロスロード)
- Saji's sister and a journalist. She is killed by Ali Al-Saachez in the first season.
- Voiced by Endo Aya
- Klaus Grad (クラウス・グラード)
- Leader of anti-government organization Katharon.
- Voiced by Kawashima Tokuyuki
- Opening themes:
- "DAYBREAK'S BELL" by L'Arc~en~Ciel (episode 1-13)
- "Ash Like Snow by the brilliant green" (episode 14-25)
- Ending themes:
- "Wana" (罠; Trap) by THE BACK HORN" (episode 1-13)
- "Friends" (フレンズ) by Stephanie (episode 14-24)
- "DAYBREAK'S BELL" by L'Arc~en~Ciel (episode 25)
- Opening themes:
- "Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi" (儚くも永久のカナシ; Fleeting and Everlasting Sorrow) by UVERworld (episode 2-13)
- "Namida no Mukou" (泪のムコウ; Beyond the Tears) by Stereo Pony (episode 14-25)
- Ending themes:
- "Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi" (儚くも永久のカナシ; Fleeting and Everlasting Sorrow) by UVERworld (episode 1)
- "Prototype" by Ishikawa Chiaki (episode 2-13)
- "TOMORROW" by Tsunematsu Ayumi (episode 14)
- "trust you" by Ito Yuna (episode 15-24)
- "DAYBREAK'S BELL" by L'Arc~en~Ciel (episode 25)
- Insert songs:
- Theme song:
- Soundtrack Albums
- [2008.01.10] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 01 (機動戦士ガンダム00 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 01)
- [2008.03.26] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 02 (機動戦士ガンダム00 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 02)
- [2009.04.01] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 03 (機動戦士ガンダム00 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 03)
- [2008.12.24] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 04 (機動戦士ガンダム00 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 04)
- [2009.07.08] GUNDAM 00 COMPLETE BEST
- [2010.09.15] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Anthology BEST ADVOCACY OF CONGRUITY (機動戦士ガンダム00 Anthology BEST ADVOCACY OF CONGRUITY)
- [2010.09.22] Gekijouban Mobile Suit Gundam 00 A wakening of the Trailblazer Original Soundtrack (劇場版 機動戦士ガンダム00 A wakening of the Trailblazer オリジナルサウンドトラック)
- Character Singles
- [2008.08.23] Miyano Mamoru come across Setsuna F Seiei - "Soup / Hakosora" (箱空; Empty Box)
- [2008.09.24] Miki Shinichiro come across Lockon Stratos - "Towa no Rasen / Answer" (永遠の螺旋; Eternal Spiral)
- [2008.10.22] Kamiya Hiroshi come across Tieria Erde - "idea / elephant"
- [2008.11.19] Yoshino Hiroyuki come across Allelujah Haptism - "Taiyou / After image" (太陽; The Sun)
- [2009.08.26] Irino Miyu come across Saji Crossroad - "VOICE ~Koko Kara Hajimaru Ai~ / Paint the Sky" (VOICE ～ここから始まる愛～; VOICE ~This Is Where Love Begins~)
- [2009.10.21] Takagaki Ayahi come across Feldt Grace - "Inori† / Justice" (祈り†; Pray)
- [2010.02.24] Nakamura Yuichi come across Graham Aker - "still more ripple / Utsukushii Hello Sayonara no Humor" (美しいハロー さようならのユーモア; Beautiful Hello, Humor of Goodbye)
- Drama CDs
- [2008.07.23] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Another Story "MISSION-2306" (機動戦士ガンダム00アナザーストーリー「MISSION-2306」)
- [2008.09.24] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Another Story "ROAD TO 2307" (機動戦士ガンダム00アナザーストーリー「ROAD TO 2307」)
- [2009.06.10] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Another Story "COOPERATION-2312" (機動戦士ガンダム00アナザーストーリー「COOPERATION-2312」)
- [2009.07.08] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Another Story "4MONTH FOR 2312" (機動戦士ガンダム00アナザーストーリー「4MONTH FOR 2312」)
|1||Celestial Being (ソレスタルビーイング)||2007.10.06|
|2||Gundam Meisters (ガンダムマイスター)||2007.10.13|
|3||Kawaru Sekai (変わる世界; The Changing World)||2007.10.20|
|4||Taigai Sesshou (対外折衝; International Negotiation)||2007.10.27|
|5||Genkai Ridatsu Ryouiki (限界離脱領域; Escape Limit Zone)||2007.11.03|
|6||Seven Swords (セブンソード)||2007.11.10|
|7||Mukuwarenu Tamashii (報われぬ魂; Unrewarded Souls)||2007.11.17|
|8||Musabetsu Houfuku (無差別報復; Indiscriminate Retaliation)||2007.11.24|
|9||Taikoku no Ishin (大国の威信; The Honor of a Great Power)||2007.12.01|
|10||Gundam Rokaku Sakusen (ガンダム鹵獲作戦; Operation Gundam Capture)||2007.12.08|
|12||Kyougi no Hate ni (教義の果てに; To the Limits of Holy Teachings)||2007.12.22|
|13||Seija no Kikan (聖者の帰還; Return of the Saint)||2008.01.05|
|14||Ketsui no Asa (决意の朝; Dawn of Determination)||2008.01.12|
|15||Oreta Tsubasa (折れた翼; Broken Wings)||2008.01.19|
|17||Thrones Kyoushuu (スローネ強襲; Assault of the Thrones)||2008.02.02|
|18||Akui no Hokosaki (悪意の矛先; The Aim of Evil Intents)||2008.02.09|
|19||Kizuna (絆; Bonds)||2008.02.16|
|20||Henkaku no Yaiba (変革の刃; Blade of Reformation)||2008.02.23|
|21||Horobi no Michi (滅びの道; Path of Destruction)||2008.03.01|
|23||Sekai wo Tomete (世界を止めて; Stop the World)||2008.03.15|
|24||Owarinaki Uta (終わりなき詩; The Never-Ending Poem)||2008.03.22|
|1||Tenshi Sairi (天使再臨; The Angels' Second Advent)||2008.10.05|
|2||Twin Drive (ツインドライヴ)||2008.10.12|
|3||Allelujah Dakkan Sakusen" (アレルヤ奪還作戦; Operation Allelujah Rescue)||2008.10.19|
|4||Tatakau Wake (戦う理由; A Reason to Battle)||2008.10.26|
|5||Kokoku Moyu (故国燃ゆ; Burning Homeland)||2008.11.02|
|6||Kizuato (傷痕; Scars)||2008.11.09|
|7||Saikai to Ribetsu to (再会と離別と; With Reunions and Departure)||2008.11.16|
|8||Mukunaru Yugami (無垢なる歪み; Pure Distortion)||2008.11.23|
|9||Nuguenu Kako (拭えぬ過去; Unerasable Past)||2008.11.30|
|10||Ten no Hikari (天の光; Heavenly Light)||2008.12.07|
|11||Double O no Koe (ダブルオーの声; 00's Voice)||2008.12.14|
|12||Sora de Matteru (宇宙で待ってる; Waiting in Space)||2008.12.21|
|13||Memento Mori Kouryakusen (メメントモリ攻略戦; Assault on Memento Mori)||2008.12.28|
|14||Uta ga Kikoeru (歌が聞こえる; A Song is Heard)||2009.01.11|
|15||Hankou no Gaika (反抗の凱歌; Victory Song of the Resistance)||2009.01.18|
|16||Higeki e no Joshou (悲劇への序章; Prelude to Tragedy)||2009.01.25|
|17||Chiriyuku Hikari no Naka de (散りゆく光の中で; In Midst of Scattered Light)||2009.02.01|
|18||Kousakusuru Omoi (交錯する想い; Mixed Feelings)||2009.02.08|
|19||Innovators no Kage (イノベイターの影; Shadow of the Innovators)||2009.02.15|
|20||Anew Return (アニュー·リターン)||2009.02.22|
|21||Kakushin no Tobira (革新の扉; The Door to Innovation)||2009.03.01|
|22||Mirai no Tame ni (未来のために; For The Future's Sake)||2009.03.08|
|23||Inochi no Hana (命の華; Flower of Life)||2009.03.15|
|25||Saisei (再生; Rebirth)||2009.03.29|