This page needs to be reformatted.
If you can help out, please edit this page! Thank you!
Pangu (盘古), also known as PunkGod in English, is an underground Chinese rock band. It originated in the city of Nanchang of Jiangxi province. The band is named after Pangu, a Chinese mythological figure. The lead singer is Ao Bo (敖博).
Their songs are primarily criticisms toward the social problems and the current Communist regime of China. Due to this, the band has been banned in China for political reasons, and members are now in exile.
- The Palaeolithic Times (旧石器时代), 1996
- The Dead Ain't Enough (死的人不够多), 2000
- Pangu self-titled album, 2001
- Desire Burning Inside (欲火中烧), 2001
- You Can't Kill Us All (南昌市的罗汉是杀不完的), 2002
- China Capital is Nanchang(南昌才是首都), 2004
- Different Voices (不同的声音), 2005
- Pangu Rebellion Analecta Volume I (盘古暴民选集第一卷), 2005
- 1983, 2006
- The White Army (白军), 2006
- Pangu Rebellion Analecta Volume II (盘古暴民选集第二卷), 2006
- Kill Kill Kill (杀杀杀), 2006
- Folk Hardcore (民谣硬核), 2006
---compiled from information in A wiki of Chinese rock music
- Chinese Wikipedia entry
- Pangu chant down Babylon
- Time Magazine article
- Interview with Epoch Times
- At Youtube