- Yamagishi Riko (山岸理子, leader) (Light Green)
- Ogata Risa (小片リサ, sub-leader) (Light Orange)
- Niinuma Kisora (新沼希空) (Light Blue)
- Tanimoto Ami (谷本安美) (Light Purple)
- Kishimoto Yumeno (岸本ゆめの) (Yellow)
- Asakura Kiki (浅倉樹々) (Light Pink)
- Ono Mizuho (小野瑞歩) (joined August 13, 2016) (Emerald Green)
- Onoda Saori (小野田紗栞) (joined August 13, 2016) (Peach)
- Akiyama Mao (秋山眞緒) (joined August 13, 2016) (Light Red)
Tsubaki Factory was unveiled on April 28, 2015 through various news articles, and later a special page on the official Hello! Project website. It was revealed that former Berryz Kobo member and Captain, Shimizu Saki, helped in the choosing of both the members and the name of the group while acting in her new role as Hello! Project Advisor. The lineup was announced consisting of only Hello! Pro Kenshuusei trainees, including Ogata Risa, Yamagishi Riko, Niinuma Kisora, Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno, and Asakura Kiki.The name Tsubaki Factory holds several meanings, most of which surround a type of Camellia tree blossom. "Tsubaki" originates from three kanji used in the past; Tsu (強; strong), Ba (葉; leaves), Ki (木; tree), while in floriography the blossom also holds the meanings of pride, gentleness, and charm. Historically it was believed that the Tsubaki was a holy plant, as it seemed the leaves continued to grow greener during the winter while most other plants withered away for the season. "Factory", similar to fellow Hello! Project group Kobushi Factory, represents the carrying on of the spirit of senior group Berryz Kobo after entering their indefinite hiatus.
The leader and sub-leader of the group, Yamagishi Riko and Ogata Risa respectively, were announced on August 8, 2015 at the "Hello! Project 2015 SUMMER ~CHALLENGER~" concert. Their first indie single was revealed at the same time, to be sold at the "Hello! Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2015 ~September no Nama Tamago Show!~" concert on September 6th. During a fan club event on August 13, 2016 a surprise announcement revealed the addition of three new members taken from the Hello Pro Kenshuusei, Ono Mizuho, Onoda Saori, and Akiyama Mao. The group's major debut was announced the next month on September 4, 2016 at the "Kenshuusei Happyokai 2016 ~SINGING!~" recital, to take place sometime in January 2017.
At another fan club event on October 21, 2016 it was announced that the group's major debut single would be a triple a-side released on February 22, 2017, referred to as Tsubaki no Tsu Tsu Tsu Day using a play on the number 2 and their name. The group revealed the first song from the single at their next fan club event. The name of the leading a-side song was confirmed on January 2nd to be "Hatsukoi Sunrise", the full single being a triple a-side.
- [2016.05.17] Tsubaki Factory SOUND + VISION Vol. 1 (つばきファクトリーSOUND＋VISION Vol.1) (Indies)
- [2015.09.06] Seishun Manmannaka! (青春まんまんなか!) (Indies)
- [2015.12.31] Kedakaku Sakihokore! (気高く咲き誇れ!) (Indies)
- [2016.08.06] Hitorijime / Watashi ga Obasan ni Natte mo (独り占め / 私がオバさんになっても) (Indies)
- [2017.02.22] Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia (初恋サンライズ / Just Try! / 麗しのカメリア)
- [2017.07.26] Shuukatsu Sensation / Waratte / Hanamoyou (就活センセーション / 笑って / ハナモヨウ)
- [2015.10.08] Engeki Joshi-bu Musical "Thank You Very Berry" Original Soundtrack (演劇女子部 ミュージカル「サンクユーベリーベリー」オリジナルサウンドトラック)
- [2016.12.07] Engeki Joshi-bu "Nega Poji Poji" Original Soundtrack (演劇女子部「ネガポジポジ」オリジナルサウンドトラック)
Compilations / Other
- [2015.12.16] Hello! Project - Petit Best 16 (#17 Thank You Very Berry)
- [2016.12.14] Hello! Project - Petit Best 17 (#7 Hitorijime)