ViViD was a five member Japanese rock and visual-kei band, having formed sometime in March of 2009, that was signed under PS COMPANY's indie division Indie-PSC.. The band describes their own concept and music as "Melodic Mixture Rock", which combines heavy rock with pop and hard rapping.
On August 9th, 2010 it was announced that ViViD will become a major band, signing with the label EPIC Records, which is a sub-label of Sony Music Entertainment. Information about their major debut release didn't come until October 28th, where their fifth single ""Yume" ~Mugen no Kanata~" was revealed.
The band disbanded on April 29th, 2015.
ViViD was formed in March of 2009 by the rhythm section, Iv (ex-Kisnate) and Ko-ki (ex-NoveLis). Later in March they had acquired vocalist Shin (ex-Dennou Romeo), and guitarists Reno (ex-NoveLis) and Ryouga. In early April a pop-up window in the Indie-PSC. website announced that ViViD had been signed to the label. On April 19th the band started official activities with their first live at Takadanobaba AREA. With their own official website opening in later on in April, the band announced in May that their first releases were to be released July and August.
During May and June they performed a total of five lives, starting with Shibuya O-WEST on May 11th and ending with Shibuya O-WEST on June 24th. ViViD's debut single "Take-off" was released on July 8th. The single reached #3 on the indies Oricon charts, and #63 on the major charts where it charted for a week. Before the next single, they played a string of three lives: July 18th, July 24th, and August 9th (all at Takadanobaba AREA).
The band's second single "Dear" was released on August 19th, it was first released in a CD+DVD only format and featured their first PV. This reached #2 on the indies Oricon charts, and #44 on the major charts where it charted for a week. It subsequently sold-out and was re-released on February 1st, 2010 as a CD only format. The month was finished off with a live at Takadanobaba AREA on the 31st.
In September and October ViViD took part in seven of the PS COMPANY organised "Chichuu Roukaku" events, beginning with the 94th volume at Takadanobaba AREA on September 19th. The 95th to 97th volumes all took place at Takadanobaba AREA: one on the 20th, the second on the 26th, and the last on the 27th. The three volumes in October were at different venues; 98 was at Nagoya E.L.L on the 9th, 99 was at Umeda AKASO on the 10th, and 100 was at Kawasaki CLUB CITTA' on the 17th.
On October 21st the band released their debut mini-album THE ViViD COLOR. It is their first release to be available in two different versions. The mini-album reached #34 on the major Oricon charts, where it charted for two weeks. Also on the 21st they were in the "h'evn no Omatsuri☆Tenmade Tobou!!" event organised by h'evn magazine at Shibuya O-WEST. Three days later ViViD was one of the many bands in the "V-ROCK FESTIVAL '09" mega-event at Makuhari Messe Kokusai Tenjijou in Chiba City. Concluding off the month was the special Halloween event "AREA Halloween Special LIVE 2009" at Takadanobaba AREA.
November began with their first one-man live titled THE ViViD COLOR at Shibuya O-WEST. For the nest two months, the tail end of the year, ViViD participated in six events. The first was v[NEU]'s "TIME∞LiMiT vol.1" sponsored event presented by LOOP ASH RECORDS at Takadanobaba AREA on November 22nd. The last event of November was the 101st volume of the "Chichuu Roukaku" events at Takadanobaba AREA on the 28th. December started with the "Absolute Domain -Zettai Ryouiki- AREA CODE:E" event at ESAKA MUSE on the 8th. The next day there was another "Absolute Domain -Zettai Ryouiki-" event at Nagoya E.L.L. The last two events of the year was: the 103rd "Chichuu Rouraku" at Takadanobaba AREA on the 26th and the "FINAL 2009" event also at Takadanobaba AREA on the 31st.
- [2015.02.25] ViViD THE BEST
- [2009.10.21] THE ViViD COLOR
- [2009.07.08] Take-off
- [2009.08.19] Dear
- [2010.02.17] Across The Border
- [2010.07.07] PRECIOUS
- [2011.01.19] "Yume" ~Mugen no Kanata~ (「夢」～ムゲンノカナタ方～; "Dreams" ~Beyond the Fantasy~)
- [2011.07.13] BLUE
- [2011.11.09] FAKE
- [2012.01.11] message
- [2012.05.16] REAL
- [2013.04.24] ANSWER
- [2014.02.05] Hikari (光 -HIKARI-)
- [2015.01.28] Thank you for all / From the beginning
- [2013.12.18] THEATER
- [2011.04.20] -Indies Last- ViViD ONEMAN LIVE "Kousai GENESIS" (-インディーズラスト-「光彩GENESIS」)
- [2012.04.18] ViViD LIVE 2012 "TAKE OFF ~Birth to the NEW WORLD~" at BUDOKAN
- [2013.09.18] Visionnaire 1
- [2015.03.25] Recollection Films
- [2015.04.29] REVOLVING LANTERN
- [2010.03.xx] FOOL'S MATE 2010 May Issue (Feature)
- [2010.10.xx] FOOL'S MATE December Issue (Feature)
- [2011.02.xx] ARENA37 Degree March 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.02.xx] YOU MUSIC March 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.03.xx] ARENA37 Degree April 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.03.xx] SHOXX May 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.08.xx] SHOXX October 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.09.xx] PATi PATi October 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.09.xx] SHOXX November 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.09.xx] FOOL'S MATE I.S. No.6 (Feature)
- [2011.09.xx] ROCK STAR Vol.16 (Cover & Feature)
- [2011.09.xx] Peace & Smile Carnival 2011 SHIBUYA 7DAYS Live at C.C.LEMON HALL (Feature)
- [2011.09.xx] Rock Style Magazine Mix (Feature)
- [2011.09.xx] BACKSTAGE PASS 2011 November (Feature)
- [2011.10.xx] ARENA37 Degree November 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.10.xx] SHOXX December 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.09.16] PS COMPANY presents Kirakira Summer Typhoon!! TOUR 2011 Trading Card BOX