- Stage Name: hinaco
- Birthday: October 19, 1984
- Birthplace: Aizuwakamatsu, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan
- Instruments: Guitar, trombone
- Influences: John Mayer, Keri Noble, Carole King, India.Arie, Corinne Bailey Rae
hinaco was born and raised in Aizuwakamatsu, Fukushima Prefecture. She played trombone in high school and moved to Tokyo to pursue post-secondary education after graduation. Later, at age 21, hinaco was unsure what she wanted to do with her life and hesitantly chose music. One day, she went to see a friend play at a livehouse and accidentally fell down nine stairs. She was rushed to the hospital and received twelve stitches in her head. hinaco awoke to a pure white ceiling, thinking that she was just "one second away from death". She decided to not take life for granted anymore and to definitely pursue music for a living. Now, pure white things are her lucky charm.
hinaco self-taught how to play guitar and started performing street lives and at livehouses. Later, she was discovered by STARDUST PROMOTIONS. In June 2008, she sang two songs on the compilation cover album On/Off 2nd Season -Seven Colors-: Le Couple's "Hidamari no Uta" and Remioromen's "3gatsu 9ka". The following January in 2009, she released her first mini-album, entitled crystal, under the indie label openface.
Later in spring, she met composer Iwatsubo Kodai. He made two demo tracks for her called "Jigsaw Puzzle" and "and,darling". hinaco uploaded both songs on the Japanese mobile social networking site Mobage Town. Their views ranked #2 and #1 respectively out of 30,000 songs, which ultimately lead to a major debut. hinaco's debut single, "Nakigao Smile", was released on June 2, 2010 under rhythm zone. The title track was used as the theme song for the NTV drama Mother.
- [2009.01.19] crystal (indie)
- [2010.06.02] Nakigao Smile (泣き顔スマイル; Teary-Faced Smile)
- [2010.08.04] 101 Nengo (101年後; 101 Years Later)
- [2011.06.15] Kaerimichi Diary (帰り道ダイアリー; Returning-Road Diary)
Compilations / Other
- [2008.06.04] On/Off 2nd Season -Seven Colors- (#8 Hidamari no Uta, #12 3gatsu 9ka)