The winners of the 54th Blue Ribbon Awards were revealed yesterday. Every year, the awards are chosen jointly by seven of Tokyo’s major sports newspapers. This year’s list included a Best Newcomer award for Ashida Mana, who at the age of 7 is the youngest ever to receive the award. The previous record was 16 years old, set by Harada Tomoyo in 1983.
- Best Picture: Tsumetai Nettaigyo (Cold Fish) – Sono Sion
- Best Director: Shindo Kaneto – Ichimai no Hagaki
- Best Actor: Takenouchi Yutaka – Taiheiyou no Kiseki: Fox to Yobareta Otoko
- Best Actress: Nagasaku Hiromi – Youkame no Semi
- Best Supporting Actor: Iseya Yusuke – Ashita no Joe, Kaiji 2
- Best Supporting Actress: Nagasawa Masami – Moteki
- Best Newcomer: Ashida Mana – Usagi Drop, Hankyu Densha: Katamichi 15 Fun no Kiseki
- Best Foreign Language Film: Black Swan – Darren Aronofsky
- Special Award: Harada Yoshio
The awards will be presented in Tokyo on February 14.