- Real Name: Shishido Yuuna (宍戸佑名)
- Stage Name: Shishido Kavka (シシド・カフカ)
- Birth Date: June 23, 1985
- Birthplace: Mexico
- Height: 175 cm (68.9 in; 5'9")
- Favourite Artists: Yamaguchi Momoe
- Favorite Drummer: John Bonham of Led Zeppelin
Shishido Kavka was born in Mexico in 1985 to Japanese parents. She lived there until she was two, later going to Japan for elementary school. Between the ages of 13 and 14, Shishido lived in Argentina because of her father's work, yet she doesn't keep very good memories of those years, mostly due to the fact that she didn't speak the language. She started learning Spanish to use it in her daily life, but forgot it after coming back to Japan since she had nobody to practice it with.
She was inspired to take up the drums at the age of 14, after seeing a live performance on TV. What attracted her to drums was the gap between the fact that although drummers support their whole band, more often than not, no matter how theatrical or showy they are, lead singers and guitarists are usually the ones in the spotlight. This resonated with her feelings: even if she couldn't become the leading part, she wanted to shine and stand out. Her parents bought her a drum set at the same age, and was first taught the basics of drumming by Daniel "Pipi" Piazzolla, a drummer and grandson of tango musician Astor Piazzolla. Back to Japan, she started playing with bands during high school, and by the time she entered university, she was part of 8 different bands.
Shishido started performing with her own vocals at age 20. In 2004, she became the third drummer of THE NEWS, an all-female rock band, using her real name Shishido Yuuna. In 2005, Shishido started collaborating with THE HIGH-LOWS' drummer Ohshima Kenji and UVERworld producer Hiraide Satoru, and formed a band called eddy12 with them in the end of the year. During this period, Shishido started performing in her signature style, playing the drums and singing simultaneously.
Still in 2005, she was approached by music producers when she accompanied a friend to an audition. They wanted her to debut as a singer, but 5 years passed before an interesting project was developed. During that time, she had stopped playing drums and was focusing on her singing, but her producers eventually suggested her to sing while playing drums. That sealed the deal: doing something she was finally comfortable with, she turned singer/drummer for her current project. In 2009, when she started her modeling career, she left THE NEWS, but at the same time kept playing drums for different artists such as PANTA and DIAMOND☆YUKAI. She later debuted as a solo singer in 2012 with her first digital single, "Day Dream Rider", after signing to the major record label IMPERIAL RECORDS, a sub-label of Teichiku Entertainment. She continues to work with her eddy12 bandmates, who now act as her producers.
She later released 3 physical singles, "Aisuru Kakugo", "music" and "Kiken na Futari" (which was used as the opening theme song for the TV Asahi drama Doubles: Futari no Keiji. In 2013, she released her debut album "Kavkanize". She will hold her first Japanese tour after the release of her fourth single "Wagamama / Miss. Miss Me".
Shishido prominently plays the drums in all of her promotions. She wasn't given the name "Kavka" because of Franz Kafka, but because of the fact she always wore black. It reminded her copy editor Watanabe Junpey of a crow, so he picked the Czech word kavka, which refers to the daurian jackdaw.
In addition to her musical career, Shishido has worked as a runway model. She has participated in the Kobe Collection 2012, the Tokyo Runway in 2012 and 2013, the Laforet Fashion Week 2012 and the Fukuoka Asia Collection 2013. Shishido made her acting debut in the live action film adaptation of the manga Ai Ore! in 2012. She debuted as a radio personality in 2013, and has radio shows on All Night Nippon and Bay FM. Shishido also became a drummer for the band KinKi Kids in April 2013 for their variety show Shin Doumoto Kyoudai.
- [2012.09.19] Aisuru Kakugo (愛する覚悟; Ready to Love)
- [2013.02.20] music
- [2013.05.22] Kiken na Futari (キケンなふたり; Dangerous Us)
- [2014.01.29] Wagamama / Miss. Miss Me (我が儘 / Miss.ミスミー; Selfishness)
- [2012.05.16] Day Dream Rider (デイドリームライダー)
- [2013.08.07] Love Corrida (ラヴコリーダ)
- [2014.07.02] Dame Kashira? (ダメかしら?; Is It Bad?)
- [2015.04.29] Don't be love feat. Saito Kazuyoshi
- [2016.01.27] crying
- [2016.01.27] Ashita wo Narase (明日を鳴らせ)
- [2017.10.04] Haneda Blues (羽田ブルース) feat. Yokoyama Ken with CRAZY KEN BAND
- [2017.11.08] Shinjuku SON OF A GUN (新宿サノバガン)
- [2017.12.13] zamza feat. Kaneko Nobuaki
Compilations / Other
- [2014.07.23] LINDBERG TRIBUTE ~Minna no Lindberg~ (#4 Over The Top)
- [2015.09.04] Kiss & Maekup (#15 Calling Dr. Love)
- [2016.10.05] m-flo - SYNERGY feat. Shishido Kavka
- [2017.06.07] TOKU - Shake (#6 "I Can’t No Satisfaction" featuring Shishido Kavka & Tsuchiya Kohei)
- [2017.09.13] T. Rex Tribute ~Sitting Next To You~ presented by Rama Amoeba (#5 "Metal Guru")
- [2017.10.25] Thank You Disney (#9 "You'll Be in My Heart")