flumpool (フランプール) is a Japanese rock band from Osaka, Japan. They formed the band in 2002. In 2007 they gained a drummer and changed their name to flumpool. The band's name is derived from the English word "four", since there are 4 members, they took the first letter "f", along with the word meaning mass, "lump" and the word "pool". flumpool is under A-Sketch, the new sub-label created by AMUSE in 2008.
- Yamamura Ryuta (山村隆太): Vocal and Guitar
- Sakai Kazuki (阪井一生): Guitar
- Amakawa Genki (尼川元気): Bass
- Ogura Seiji (小倉誠司): Drums
In 2007, flumpool began touring, playing on February 26 at Osaka Club Quattro, and continuing in other venues throughout the city. By July, the band released their first indies single, "Mirai Kanai", which was up for sale on indiesmusic.com and, in 2008, "Mirai Kanai", was released digitally. Their next step was the release of the second indie single named "labo" which was sold in Tower Records and TSUTAYA Records, limited to 5,000 copies. "labo" was also the opening theme of TBS's CDTV in August 2008. The band began to receive some recognition, ranking number one on Access Rankings for "labo"’s PV, as well as being named the Campaign Song Artist for au KDDI 'LISMO', a Japanese telephone provider.
During October, flumpool released their song "Hana ni Nare" and became the music for LISMO's TV commercial. Due to its success,the song was also featured on SPACESHOWER TV's website's POWER PUSH along with an interview with flumpool. Because of "Hana ni Nare" popularity, flumpool was invited by Fuji TV to perform, for the first time, on Mezamashi TV. Next month, the band relased another digital single, "Over the rain ~Hikari no Hashi~", which was the theme song for the TBS dorama BLOODY MONDAY.
By November, they were signed onto AMUSE records under the sub-label A-Sketch. With the digital releases of "Hana ni Nare" and "Over the rain ~Hikari no Hashi~", flumpool releases their first mini-album, "Unreal", which was an instant success, selling 241,628 total copies.
2009 started with the release of their first major single, "Hoshi ni Negai wo". The song was used as the commercial song for NTT Communications' "MUSICO". In July, it comes their second major single and their first tie-in with a movie: "MW ~Dear Mr. & Ms. Picaresque~" was used as the theme song for "MW" adapted from Osamu Tezuka's manga, and its lyrics are linked to the theme of the movie. To end the year of 2009, flumpool released their first album "What's flumpool!?".
- [2009.12.23] What's flumpool!?
- [2011.01.26] Fantasia of Life Stripe
- [2012.12.12] experience
- [2016.03.16] EGG
- [2014.05.21] The Best 2008-2014 "MONUMENT"
- [2009.12.23] What's Red Dracul Scar Tissue !?
- [2011.01.26] Fantezie muzicală de curcubeul vieţii
- [2012.12.12] experimental (Red Dracul Scar Tissue x Jazztronik)
- [2008.11.19] Unreal
- [2007.07.24] Mirai Kanai (ミライカナイ)
- [2008.08.27] labo
- [2009.02.25] Hoshi ni Negai wo (星に願いを; Wish Upon a Star)
- [2009.07.01] MW ~Dear Mr. & Ms. Picaresque~ / Natsu Dive (MV ~Dear Mr. & Ms. ピカレスク~ / 夏Dive)
- [2010.02.03] Zanzou (残像)
- [2010.06.23] reboot ~Akiramenai Uta~ / Nagareboshi (reboot ~あきらめない詩~ / 流れ星)
- [2010.09.29] Kimi ni Todoke (君に届け; Reaching You)
- [2011.07.27] Donna Mirai ni mo Ai wa Aru / Touch (どんな未来にも愛はある / Touch)
- [2011.09.07] Akashi (証; Proof)
- [2011.12.07] Present
- [2012.07.04] Because... I am
- [2012.11.07] Answer
- [2013.07.03] Taisetsu na Mono wa Kimi Igai ni Miataranakute / Binetsu Refrain (大切なものは君以外に見当たらなくて / 微熱リフレーム; There is Nothing More Precious Than You / Slight Fever)
- [2013.10.02] Tsuyoku Hakanaku / Belief ~Haru wo Matsu Kimi e~ (強く儚く / Belief ～春を待つ君へ～)
- [2015.05.13] FOUR ROOMS
- [2015.08.05] Natsu yo Tomenaide ~You're Romantic~ (夏よ止めないで; Don't Stop, Summer)
- [2016.02.10] Yoru wa Nemureru kai? (夜は眠れるかい?)
- [2016.11.02] FREE YOUR MIND
- [2017.03.22] Last Call (ラストコール)
- [2008.10.01] Hana ni Nare (花になれ; Become a Flower)
- [2008.11.05] Over the rain ~Hikari no Hashi~ (Over the rain ~ひかりの橋~; Bridge of Light)
- [2009.10.14] Frame (フレイム)
- [2009.11.18] Mitsumetetai (見つめていたい; I Want to Be Gazing at You)
- [2010.12.15] Snowy Nights Serenade ~Kokoro Mademo Tsunagitai~ (Snowy Nights Serenade ~心までも繋ぎたい~)
- [2010.12.22] two of us
- [2009.07.01] "How did we feel then?" ~flumpool Tour 2009 "Unreal" Live at Shibuya Club Quattro~
- [2010.02.24] flumpool tour 2009 "Unclose" Special!! LIVE at Nippon Budokan
- [2011.04.06] flumpool Live at YOKOHAMA ARENA!! Special Live 2010 "Snowy Nights Serenade ~Kokoro Mademo Tsunagitai~" (flumpool Live at YOKOHAMA ARENA!! Special Live 2010 "Snowy Nights Serenade ~心までも繋ぎたい~")
- [2012.04.01] flumpool Special Live 2011 "Present ~Arigatou Matsuri! Koyoi wa Utaou! Odori Tsukusou!~" at Saitama Super Arena (flumpool Special Live 2011「Present ~ありがとう祭り！今宵は歌おう！踊り尽くそう！~」 at さいたまスーパーアリーナ)
- [2013.04.24] flumpool Special Live 2013 "experience" at YOKOHAMA ARENA
- [2013.12.25] flumpool 5th Anniversary Special Live "For our 1,826 days & your 43,824 hours" at Nippon Budokan
- [2014.05.21] Believer's High (ビリーバーズ・ハイ)
- [2014.08.09] flumpool Music Clips 2008-2014 "MOVEMENT"
- [2014.12.03] flumpool 5th Anniversary tour 2014 MOMENT ＜ARENA SPECIAL＞ at YOKOHAMA ARENA
- [2015.11.18] flumpool Manatsu no Yagai★LIVE 2015 FOR ROOTS ~Osaka Fields Forever~ (flumpool 真夏の野外★LIVE 2015 「FOR ROOTS」 ~オオサカ・フィールズ・フォーエバー~)
- [2010.03] flumpool fourbond
- [2009.12] flumpool song collection
- [2010.01] flumpool "What's flumpool!?" 1st Full-Album Zenkyoku Matching!!
- [2011.02] flumpool "Fantasia of Life Stripe"
- [2011.03] flumpool Single Collection
- [2012.12] Band Score flumpool "experience"
- [2012.12] Piano Solo flumpool Best Selection
- [2013.01] flumpool Single Collection