Galileo Galilei (ガリレオガリレイ) is a Japanese rock band formed in Hokkaido in 2007 and signed to SME Records label. On February 24th 2010, they made their major debut with the mini-album Hamanasu no Hana. Noguchi Kazumasa participated in the recording of the album PORTAL and will be joining the band as its official member. In 2012 the 5 member group turned into a trio when Noguchi Kazumasa (who just joined less than a year ago) and Iwai Fumito left the group. Ever since their PORTAL release, they have developed a more indie-pop sound compared to their previous indie-rock sound. Their album ALARMS is the most obvious of their pop endeavor.
Galileo Galilei promoting Parade
Galileo Galilei promoting PORTAL
Compilations / Other
- [2012.03] Galileo Galilei first artist book (シンコーミュージック・エンタテイメント)
- [2010.07] Band Score Peace Natsuzora Song by Galileo Galilei (Band Score Piece) (バンドスコアピース 夏空 Song by Galileo Galilei (バンド・スコア・ピース))
- [2011.05] Sheet Music Galileo Galilei "Parade" (Band Score) (楽譜 Galileo Galilei 「パレード」 (バンドスコア))
- [2011.09] Aoi Shiori BAND SCORE (Band Piece Series) (青い栞 BAND SCORE (Band Piece Series))
- [2012.01] MUSICA 2012 February Issue (Cover & Feature) (MUSICA (ムジカ) 2012年2月号)
- The female backup vocalist heard in most of their songs is Chima.