Wildflower & Cover Songs: Complete Best 'Track 3'
- Wildflower & Cover Songs: Complete Best 'TRACK 3'
- Catalog Number
- WPCL-10855/57 (Limited Edition)
- WPCL-10858/59 (Regular Edition)
- ¥2,900 (Limited Edition)
- ¥2,800 (Regular Edition)
- Disc 1
- Disc 2
- Fooled Around and Fell In Love (original: Elvin Bishop)
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (original: Aretha Franklin)
- Hot 'N' Nasty (original: Humble Pie)
- (Please not) One More Time (original: Roger McGuinn)
- Rhiannon (original: Fleetwood Mac)
- Honky Tonk Women [Live] (original: The Rolling Stones)
- Bad, Bad Leroy Brown [Live] (original: Jim Croce)
- Heart Of Gold [Live] (original: Neil Young)
- Desperado [Live] (original: Eagles)
- My Brother Jake (original: Free)
- Rock And Roll Hoochie Koo (original: Rick Derringer)
- Late For The Sky (original: Jackson Browne)
- Piece Of My Heart [Live] (original: Janis Joplin)
- Bitch (original: The Rolling Stones)
- The Water is Wide (original: Karla Bonoff)
- Disc 3
"Wildflower & Cover Songs: Complete Best 'TRACK 3'" is the ninth single released by Superfly. It was released in two versions: a limited 2CD+Bonus CD edition and a regular 2CD edition. The first disc is the single with four original songs. Each song had a tie-up: "Wildflower" was used as the theme song for the drama GOLD, "Tamashii Revolution" was used as NHK's "2010 FIFA World Cup" theme song (which was earlier released as a digital single), "Free Planet" was used as a commercial song for Sony Ericsson's "Cyber-shot", and "Roll Over The Rainbow" was used as the theme song for the Odaiba Gashuukoku 2010 event. The second disc of the release is a cover best album. The songs included are all covers of Western songs, with three of the fifteen tracks being brand new. Among the new tracks are Elvin Bishop's "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" (it was used as the insert theme song for the drama GOLD), The Rolling Stone's "Bitch", and Karla Bonoff's "The Water Is Wide". Superfly's rendition of "Bitch" is a collaboration with Kuharakazuyuki (from The Birthday), Tabu Zombie and Motoharu (from SOIL & 'pimp' SESSIONS). The limited edition third disc is an 8 cm CD containing an acoustic version of "Fooled Around and Fell In Love". Although the release was advertised as a single with a cover best album, Oricon counted it as an album on the albums chart because it has more than five original songs.
The single reached #1 on the Oricon weekly charts and charted for 40 weeks.
Oricon Chart Positions
Total Reported Sales: 302,327*
Total Sales in 2010: 299,654 (#23 album of the year)
Total Sales in 2011: 2,673*