The “Persona 4” video game series is being adapted as a stage play next year, it has been announced. The production will be titled “VISUALIVE ‘Persona 4′” and will star actor Baba Toru as the protagonist of the story.
Voice actor Asanuma Shintaro is writing and directing the play, while film director Oku Shutaro is in charge of the video footage that will be incorporated into the play. Wada Shunsuke is handling the music.
The currently known cast members are:
- Baba Toru as the protagonist (name changes each day)
- Maeyama Takahisa as Hanamura Yosuke
- Tsukui Minami as Satonaka Chie
- Yoshiki Risa as Amagi Yukiko
- Saotome Joji as Nagase Daisuke
- Ota Motohiro as Ichijo Kou
- Taniguchi Masashi as Dojima Ryotaro
- Ito Masami as Adachi Toru
- Yamaguchi Kappei as the voice of Kuma (same as the original game)
Performances will be held at the Sunshine Theatre in Ikebukuro from March 15 to 20, 2012.
“Persona 4” was released for the PlayStation 2 in 2008. An anime series based on the game is currently airing on Friday nights.
Anime News Network