Oda Kaori (織田かおり) is a Japanese anison singer who first gained recognition for her work with Sound Horizon and FictionJunction. Since 2013 she has maintained a successful solo career while continuing her work with Kajiura Yuki.
- Birth Name: Oda Kaori (織田かおり)
- Nick Name: Kao-chan (かおちゃん)
- Date of Birth: May 11, 1988
- Birthplace: Kanagawa, Japan
- Blood Type: O
- Height: 171cm
- FictionJunction (2009-)
- Sound Horizon (2006-)
- Metamorphose (2015-)
- Another Union (2013-)
- CHIX CHICKS (2005-2008)
Early Works & Debut
In early 2005, a 16 year old Kaori gained her first introduction to the recorded music industry as a member of 6 piece ensemble Harajuku BJ Girls. The group recorded 3 albums covering well known pop classics. In 2007 the group changed their name to CHIX CHICKS. Two mini-albums and a remix album followed prior to Kaori's departure from the group.
Kaori started working with the acclaimed composer Yuki Kajiura through the vocal unit 'FictionJunction KAORI' where in she performed theme songs for the TV Anime Tsubasa Chronicles. Kaori was also introduced as one of the newest singers for the Second Era of the fantasy band Sound Horizon where in she initially appeared on the band's first maxi single Shounen wa Tsurugi wo... followed by the fifth story album Roman.
March 2007 saw the release of her debut single "Brilliant World" which was used as the opening theme song for the Nintendo DS game Luminous Arc. Few months later, she released her second single "Calling" which was used as the ending theme song for the TV Anime Baccano!].
She continued appearing in the succeeding Sound Horizon releases with the band's first story maxi single Seisen no Iberia followed by the sixth story album Moira. In April 2008, Kajiura and Revo collaborated for a joint series of concerts under the name "Dream Port". Having been associated with the two collaborating composers, Kaori was able to perform for both Revo's and Kajiura's side of the concert. Following the end of the collaboration concert, Kajiura has also announced that she will begin performing solo concerts starting with the upcoming Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#1 where Kaori participated in singing songs composed by Kajiura. Kajiura's series of solo concerts led to the formation of the FictionJunction project where Kaori was included as one of the mainstay vocalists and appeared in the group's debut single Parallel Hearts which was used as the opening theme song for the TV Anime Pandora Hearts.
Following her graduation from college in March 2011, she then continued to work with Kajiura Yuki for the soundtrack of Rekishi Hiwa Historia Season 3 where in she recorded her first solo "Kajiurago" song. She then also participated in Kajiura's second solo album FICTION II where she, together with other regular Kajiura vocalists, performed and recorded the songs featured in the album. Presently, Kaori actively participates in both Kajiura's solo concerts and FictionJunction project.
In 2011, she participated in Ouzoku BAND's mini-album CROSS PEACE where she performed two songs, Sayonara no Kawari ni and Flowers in Paradise.
Later in 2011, she also participated in her fellow Sound Horizon singer Shimotsuki Haruka's doujin album Kaso Shoujo ~Lip-Aura~ Gensou Kakkyoku Shuu. She also attended and performed in Sound Horizon's 2011 LIVE Tour “The Great Hope of the Territorial Revival”.
From 2012, she started focusing more on her solo career by signing up under the Team Entertainment record label. The revival of her solo career started with her performing the theme songs for the PSP game AMNESIA LATER. This was quickly followed with her performin the theme songs the PSP game L.G.S Shinsetsu Houshin Engi. Later on, Kaori and Ouzoku BAND formed the rock band Another Union where she became the lead vocalist as well as lyricist for some of their original songs.
The year 2013 marked the release of her first solo album PLACE. This album included some of her songs dating back from her debut single until the latest songs she performed under her new label. This album also featured new songs with lyrics she has written herself. The album reached #91 on the oricon charts and charted for a week. The release of her first solo album marked the start of her solo live concerts.
Later in 2013, following the released of her first album, she released her third single Akatsuki no Butterfly containing the theme songs for the PSP game AMNESIA CROWD as well as the theme song of the smartphone game AMNESIA. She also performed the Winter theme song Shiro, Hitohira for the PSP game Shirahana no Ori. Later that year, she also release her fourth single Reverberation containing the theme songs for the the PS Vita game AMNESIA V Edition as well as the opening theme song of the PS Vita game Moujuutsukai to Oujisama.
From 2014, she released her fifth single Hana wa Utsutsu ni containing the music themes for the PSP game Shinobi, Koi Utsutsu as well as the opening theme song of the smartphone game AMNESIA LATER. She also released her second solo album Colors. This album included most of the songs from her three recent singles, some previously unreleased songs under her label, and new songs with lyrics written again by herself. The album reached #58 and charted for three weeks.
In 2014, she released her sixth single Tsuiso Kanon which contains the theme songs for the PS Vita game AMNESIA World. She was also invited in the anime convention Connichi 2014 held in Germany where she performed her solo songs as well as two FictionJunction KAORI songs. Later on, she performed with Yoshioka Aika and mao in the Hakuoki & AMNESIA Concert 2014 held in Zepp Tokyo of which the live CD was released later in 2015.
In 2015, she released her seventh single Futari Ayatori which contains the theme songs for the PS Vita game Shinobi, Koi Utsutsu - Setsugetsuka Koi Emaki- as well as the opening theme song for the PS Vita game Moujuutsukai to Oujisama ~Flower & Snow~.
She announced that she will be performing the opening theme song of the upcoming PS Vita game 7'sCarlet as well as the ending theme song for the upcoming TV Animation Norn9: Norn + Nonet. She also announced that she will be participating in a newly formed four-person vocal unit Metamorphose with the debut single Over The Testament which was used as the opening theme song for the TV Animation Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST followed by the release of an upcoming debut album.
- [2018.07.25] THE BEST -REPLAY-
- [2015.03.04] Hakuoki & AMNESIA Concert 2014 in ZEPP TOKYO (with Yoshioka Aika & mao)
- [2017.11.22] Kaori’s melody Acoustic LIVE vol.#3 "Valentine 2017"
- [2007.03.21] Brilliant World
- [2007.08.22] Calling
- [2013.04.24] Akatsuki no Butterfly (暁のバタフライ)
- [2013.11.27] Reverberation
- [2014.01.29] Hana wa Utsutsu ni (花はうつつに)
- [2014.06.25] Tsuisou Kanon (追想カノン)
- [2015.06.24] Futari Ayatori (ふたり綾とり)
- [2016.02.10] Zero Tokei (ゼロトケイ)
- [2016.10.26] Mugen no DYSTOPIA (無限のDYSTOPIA)
- [2016.11.23] Theatrium
- [2017.01.25] RUN−LIMIT
- [2018.04.26] Suibi ~suibi~ (粋美 ~suibi~)
Compilations / Other
- [2005.07.06] Tsubasa Chronicle Future Soundscape I (#9 tsubasa (as FictionJunction KAORI))
- [2006.07.05] Tsubasa Chronicle Future Soundscape III (#11 dream scape (as FictionJunction KAORI))
- [2007.03.21] Luminous Arc "Twinkle Prelude" (#1 Brilliant World)
- [2007.03.27] Luminous Arc Original Soundtrack (Disc 1 #1 Brilliant World (game ver.), Disc 2 #20 Brilliant World -Brazilian Club Mix-)
- [2007.08.29] WILD ARMS XF Original Soundtrack (Disc 1 #21 Honki no Uso (prologue size), Disc 4 #1 Honki no Uso (Ver. true heart), #25 Taga Tameni)
- [2007.10.24] Baccano! Original Soundtrack – Spiral Melodies (#26 Calling (TV SIZE))
- [2008.06.18] Revo & Kajiura Yuki - Dream Port (#1 Sajin no Kanata he)
- [2008.12.24] Kajiura Yuki - YUKI KAJIURA LIVE 2008.07.31
- [2011.02.16] ~Sammy presents~ Pachi Slot Music CREATORS' SELECT (#25 LOVE×∞)
- [2011.03.30] Kajiura Yuki - FICTION II (#13 heigen, #2 the image theme of Xenosaga II , #14 maybe tomorrow (as KAORI))
- [2011.04.13] Rekishi Hiwa Historia Original Soundtrack 2 (#1 until you find a light ~op theme #5, #23 a fruitless love (as KAORI))
- [2011.06.29] Ouzoku BAND - "CROSS PEACE" (#5 Sayonara no Kawari ni, #6 Flowers in Paradise)
- [2011.10.26] Kaso Shoujo ~Lip-Aura~ Gensou Kakkyoku Shuu (#4 Tsukiakari to Ito Guruma ~Alies ol iok~, #8 Kimi no Atokata ~Whites nen zai, rin o eclef~)
- [2012.05.23] AMNESIA SONG COLLECTION 「Remember」★特典付 (#3 Hajimari no Kioku, #4 Eien no Ichibyou , #5 My Destiny)
- [2012.11.28] UNCHAINBLADES EXXIV VOCAL COLLECTION (#3 Hi no Ataru Basho he)
- [2012.12.21] OTOMATE Party♪ 2012 (Hajimari no Kioku)
- [2013.04.03] MANYO - MANYO WORKS BEST!! (#1 Sekai no Hate de, #5 Kimi no Silhouette, #13 Kimi no Atokata ~Whites nen zai, rin o eclef~)
- [2013.04.24] AMNESIA CROWD Soundtrack PLUS - (#1 Akatsuki no Butterfly (Game size), #2 Kimi to Ai ni Naru (Game ver), #3 Hajimari no Kioku (Game ver), #16 Akatsuki no Butterfly , #17 Kimi to Ai ni Naru, #18 Hajimari no Kioku)
- [2013.06.23] Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live Prism Solo Collection 1 / Naru & An & Ito & Rinne - (#8 gift (chorus))
- [2013.07.24] Shimotsuki Haruka - Let's Go ☆ Shimotsukin
- [2013.12.04] Shirahana no Ori -Hiiro no Kakera 4- (#33 Shiro, Hitohara (game ver.))
- [2013.12.20] OTOMATE Party♪ 2013 (Akatsuki no Butterfly)
- [2015.02.27] OTOMATE Party♪ 2014 (Tsuisou Kanon)
- [2015.07.22] Gunslinger Stratos 1&2 Original Soundtrack (Disc 2 #4 Soul Evolution, #7 Magnetic Fighter)
- [2016.02.26] OTOMATE Party♪ 2015 (Hana wa Utsutsu ni)
Radio & TV Shows
- Oda Kaori no THE CATCH (Wednesday) - since April 2014
- Kids Station's Anipara Ongakugan - since February 2014
- Oda Kaori no Colorful Mode - from October 2010 to March 2012
- Oda Kaori more Colorful Mode - from April 2012 to March 2015