Due to an influx of spam accounts getting through and joining the site, user registrations have once again been disabled until further notice as we work on a different solution.
GUERNICA (ゲルニカ) was a Japanese avent garde trio from 1982. Their music is inspired by the 1920's and 30's retro style. They perform music in a cabaret style. Their early recordings are primarily electronic (using synthesizers instead of traditional acoustic instruments) but their later works are performed by a live orchestra. The band name is possibly inspired by the painting by Pablo Picasso of the same name. Their music mainly has a low quality sound to make it sound more genuine and nostalgic.
- Togawa Jun (戸川純; Vocals)
- Ueno Koji (上野耕路; Composer, Pianist and Violins)
- Ohta Keiichi (太田螢一; Lyrics and Art Director)
- [1982.06.21] Kaizo Heno Yakudo (改造への躍動; Dynamism Into Modification)
- [1988.07.21] Shinseiki e no Unga (新世紀への運河; Canal Into the New Century)
- [1989.03.05] Denrisou Karano Manazashi (電離層からの眼指し; Points From the Eyes of the Ionosphere)
- [1990.09.11] Best Selection (ベストセレクション) (Jun Togawa & GUERNICA)
- [2002.12.04] GUERNICA IN MEMORIA FUTURI ~Guernica 20th Anniversary Commemoration~ (GUERNICA IN MEMORIA FUTURI ~ゲルニカ20周年記念盤~)
- [2012.03.21] GUERNICA ~GUERNICA 30TH ANNIVERSARY~ (ゲルニカ ~GUERNICA 30TH ANNIVERSARY~)
- [1982.06.21] Ginrin wa Utau / Marronnier Tokuhon (銀輪は唄う/マロニエ読本; Ginrin Will Sing / Marronnier Reader)
- [2004.06.23] Guernica: Rewriting History 1982-1989 (ゲルニカ:リライティング・ヒストリー 1982-1989)