Taiyou to Ciscomoon
Taiyou to Ciscomoon (太陽とシスコムーン) later known as T&C Bomber (T&Cボンバー), was a Hello! Project group from 1999 to 2000.
Taiyou to Ciscomoon debuted in April 1999. Its four members (Inaba Atsuko, RuRu, Shinoda Miho, and Kominato Miwa) were chosen on the TV show ASAYAN in their San Francisco auditions. They released six singles and an album that year. Kominato left the group before their sixth single, but rejoined shortly afterwards.
In 2000, the group changed their name to T&C Bomber and released two more singles and another album. The group was disbanded in October of 2000 after their final performance in Osaka. Since their breakup, Inaba Atsuko remained a part of Hello! Project up until her contract expired in 2009.
Some of Taiyou to Ciscomoon's singles have been performed in Hello! Project concerts, usually by Inaba Atsuko and other singers. Some of their songs have also been performed by other H!P artists as coupling songs.
Eight years later in 2008, the group came back together in order to celebrate their ten year anniversary and the release of their best of album. The only member to not attend was RuRu (due to a job contract commitment in China), but she posted on the group's blog as well as being in a VTR at the concert.
In 2013, Hello! Project held a concert called Hello! Project Countdown 2013 ~Hello & Good Bye~, Taiyou to Ciscomoon (minus RuRu) was one of the acts performing on stage along with several other graduated members.
Training in America
Taiyou to Ciscomoon was a unique group because of the style of their music. Their songs were either dance songs full of rhythm or jazz/soul inspired songs full of heavy vocals. However, they were also unique in how they were trained: They were each sent to four different U.S. cities, famous for their unique styles of music and singers they have produced, to work on their vocals and dance. For three weeks from February to March 1999, ASAYAN covered the members' journeys . Tsunku sent them on this journey since he believed that each member had yet to improve before allowing them to record.
- Inaba was sent to Atlanta, Georgia (famous for gospel and soul, where Babyface and Whitney Houston have trained).
- Kominato was sent to Detroit, Michigan (famous for Motown, where the Jackson 5 and Stevie Wonder started out).
- Shinoda was sent to Memphis, Tennessee (famous for southern blues music, and the music of rock icon Elvis Presley).
- RuRu was sent to Chicago, Illinois (famous for "Chicago Blues" and songs with great rhythm).
- [1999.10.27] Taiyo&Ciscomoon 1
- [2000.09.27] 2nd STAGE (T&C Bomber)
- [2008.12.10] Taiyou to Ciscomoon / T&C Bomber Mega Best (太陽とシスコムーン/T&Cボンバー)
- [1999.04.21] Tsuki to Taiyou (月と太陽)
- [1999.06.23] Gatamekira (ガタメキラ)
- [1999.07.28] Uchuu de La Ta Ta (宇宙でLa Ta Ta)
- [1999.08.25] Everyday Everywhere
- [1999.09.29] Magic of Love
- [1999.12.08] Marui Taiyou -winter ver.- (丸い太陽-winter ver.-)
- [2000.04.19] DON'T STOP Renaichuu (DON'T STOP 恋愛中) (T&C Bomber)
- [2000.07.19] HEY! Mahiru no Shinkirou (HEY！真昼の蜃気楼) (T&C Bomber)
Compilations / Others
- [2000.04.26] Hello! Project - Petit Best ~Ki Ao Aka~ (#10 Marui Taiyou (4nin Ver.))
- [2013.12.31] Hello! Project - Hello! Project no Zenkyoku Kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 1 (#13 Uchuu de La Ta Ta)
- [2014.07.09] Hello! Project - Hello! Project no Zenkyoku Kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 4 (#15 Magic of Love)
- [2020.01.08] Hello! Project - Petit Best 20 2020 (Disc 2 #6 Everyday Everywhere)
- [2000-08-30] CONCERT TOUR 2000 YO! YO! Taiyo-La! Muunsan no Dance Tengoku
- [2000-12-13] All Taiyou to Ciscomoon·T&C Bomber
- [2010-01-15] Are Kara 10nen Taiyo to Ciscomoon Live 2009 Last & New Decade
- Official Blog
- Up-Front Works: Taiyo to Ciscomoon Discography
- Japanese Wikipedia: 太陽とシスコムーン
- helloproject.com: Taiyo to Ciscomoon/T&C Bomber Lyrics
- momusu.namida-girl.net: Taiyo to Ciscomoon