Kominato Miwa (小湊美和) is a Japanese folk singer and was a former member of Taiyou to Ciscomoon. She first left the group after their single Magic of Love in 1999, but later rejoined before DON'T STOP Renaichuu. In 2000 she was part of the Hello! Project shuffle unit Aoiro 7.
She was part of the ASAYAN Sharan Q Audition, the same one Heike Michiyo and the original 5 members of Morning Musume were part of, but had to bow out to give birth to her second child. She was then given a chance in the audition that resulted in her being selected as part of Taiyou to Ciscomoon along with RuRu, Inaba Atsuko, and Shinoda Miho.
She continues to perform to this day, along with her brother in the group PRIEST, a minyo-inspired band. They released their first single, Sotoyama, on August 19, 2003, andtheir first mini-album, Mahora no Tsuki, on July 8, 2006.
- She is the third generation of a nationally-renowned minyo folk singing school. She has appeared in NHK's yearly Dontokoi Minyo special both before and after her involvement with Hello! Project.
- She is married and is a mother of 2 children. She was often referred to as the "true housewife" of Hello! Project. She was the first active member of Hello! Project to be married, and the first to be a mother.
- This situation would not be repeated until 2007 when former Morning Musume member Iida Kaori (and Tsuji Nozomi if she returns to Hello! Project) followed in her footsteps.
- Name: Kominato Miwa (小湊美和)
- Birthdate: 1977-02-15
- Birthplace: Fukushima
- Blood type: B
- Height: 154cm
- [2002.04.24] 愛のチカラ (Ai no Chikara)
As part of PRIEST
- [2003.08.19] 外山節 (Sotoyama)
- [2006.07.08] まほらの月 (Mahora no Tsuki)
This article is a stub. You can help generasia by expanding it.