KAT-TUN is a Japanese pop group composed of four members. They are managed by Johnny & Associates and signed to their exclusive label J-One Records. Initially, they were a six-member group however Akanishi Jin left the group to pursue his solo career in 2010. Johnny terminated member Tanaka Koki's exclusive contract in October 2013, citing "bad behavior and repeated violation of rules," thus leaving both the company and the group.
- Kamenashi Kazuya (Leader, Main Vocals)
- Taguchi Junnosuke (Sub Vocals)
- Tatsuya Ueda (Sub Vocals)
- Nakamaru Yuichi (Sub Vocals)
The group name came from the first letter of each of the members names and the boys often seat themselves accordingly during interviews. The pronunciation is supposedly close to the English word "cartoon" (or kah-toon). The youngest member of KAT-TUN, Kamenashi Kazuya announced in their latest concert pamphlet his official leadership.
The group was formed in 2001 by KinKi Kids member Domoto Koichi and they worked as his backup dancers before moving on to singing and performing on their own. For five years they performed during concerts and on TV, gaining many fans, yet strangely did not have an official debut. However, in February 2006 it was announced that the group would debut on March 22nd with their single Real Face and album Best of KAT-TUN. Real Face sold 754,234 copies in its first week, surpassing the record held by ARASHI for most copies of a debut single sold in the first week and giving it the #1 position in the yearly charts. When the single stopped charting, it had sold over a million copies.
Later in August of 2006, KAT-TUN hosted the 24 Jikan Terebi (24 Hour TV) charity event. This program was the second most watched 24 Jikan Terebi program in the charity's history, with a peak viewer ship of 32.8% and an average of 17.7% in the Kantou Region of Japan. The program raised ¥300 million for charity ($2.6 Million USD). The shirts worn by all participants in the program were designed by Nakamaru, himself.
In early October 2006 rumors spread that Akanishi Jin was going to go on hiatus from the band to study English in the US. On Friday 13th of that month there was a press conference confirming that the rumors were in-fact true. It was revealed that member Akanishi Jin would be taking a hiatus in order to study abroad for a minimum of six months, therefore he would not be included in the next single's release as he did not record on the single and would not be on the cover.
In November of 2006, the group would have released their third single "PURE ONE" including the theme songs of the dorama Tatta Hitotsu no Koi as well as the theme song of Sapuri "your smile", which had previously only been named "Opening Theme". They did release a "music box" collection album with their popular songs redone in a relaxing music box style. However the single's date was pushed back to December and the track listing changed. KAT-TUN officially announced that they would continue as a five person group. KAT-TUN's third single Bokura no Machi de was released in December 7th, 2006.
On April 18th of 2007, KAT-TUN released their second album. The First Press Limited Edition included a CD containing 7 of their pre-debut songs and the Normal Edition included the unreleased theme song used for the dorama Sapuri, now titled "YOU". The album artwork did not feature Jin but he is featured on some of the audio of the album.
On April 19th it was announced that Jin would be returning to KAT-TUN and this was further described in a press conference on the 20th. Jin soon joined the KAT-TUN concert series and began working as an active member again. KAT-TUN's fourth single, Yorokobi no Uta was released on June 6th and is the theme to the dorama Tokkyu Tanaka 3 go, which stars Tanaka Koki.
KAT-TUN's fifth single Keep the faith was released on November 21st, 2007. The song was used as the theme for the dorama Yukan Club, which stars Akanishi Jin and Taguchi Junnosuke, as well as Kanjani8 member Yokoyama Yu.
In 2010, Akanishi Jin left the group to pursue his solo career. After his departure the letter A in KAT-TUN remained as supplied by Kamenashi.
In October of 2013, Tanaka Koki's exclusive contract with Johnny & Associates was terminated due to "bad behavior and repeated violation of rules," leaving the group as a four-member group. Tatsuya Ueda will supply TU.
- [2006.03.22] Best of KAT-TUN
- [2007.04.18] cartoon KAT-TUN II You
- [2008.06.04] KAT-TUN III -QUEEN OF PIRATES-
- [2009.04.29] Break the Records -by you & for you-
- [2010.06.16] NO MORE PAIИ
- [2012.02.22] CHAIN
- [2013.11.27] Kusabi (楔-kusabi-)
- [2006.03.22] Real Face
- [2006.07.19] SIGNAL
- [2006.12.07] Bokura no Machi de (僕らの街で)
- [2007.06.06] Yorokobi no Uta (喜びの歌)
- [2007.11.21] Keep the faith
- [2008.02.06] LIPS
- [2008.05.14] DON'T U EVER STOP
- [2008.12.03] White X'mas
- [2009.02.11] ONE DROP
- [2009.03.11] RESCUE
- [2010.02.10] Love yourself ~Kimi ga Kirai na Kimi ga Suki~ (Love yourself ~君が嫌いな君が好き~)
- [2010.05.12] Going!
- [2010.11.17] CHANGE UR WORLD
- [2011.02.02] ULTIMATE WHEELS
- [2011.05.18] WHITE
- [2011.08.03] RUN FOR YOU
- [2011.11.30] BIRTH
- [2012.06.27] TO THE LIMIT
- [2012.09.12] Fumetsu no Scrum (不滅のスクラム)
- [2013.02.06] EXPOSE
- [2013.05.15] FACE to Face
- [2003.02.26] Okyakusama wa Kamisama - Concert 55 Man Nin Ai no Request ni Kotaete!! (お客様は神サマーConcert 55万人愛のリクエストに応えて！！)
- [2004.08.11] DREAM BOY
- [2005.04.20] SUMMARY of Johnny's World
- [2005.05.03] KAT-TUN Live Kaizokuban (海賊帆)
- [2006.03.22] Real Face Film
- [2006.06.28] DREAM BOYS
- [2007.04.11] Live of KAT-TUN "Real Face"
- [2007.11.21] TOUR 2007 cartoon KAT-TUN II You
- [2009.01.01] KAT-TUN LIVE TOUR 2008 QUEEN OF PIRATES
- [2009.12.16] KAT-TUN LIVE Break the Records
- [2010.12.29] KAT-TUN -NO MORE PAIИ- WORLD TOUR 2010
- [2012.11.21] KAT-TUN LIVE TOUR 2012 CHAIN TOKYO DOME
-  Lotte Crunky
-  Lotte Crunky
-  Lotte +X Green Apple and Red Berry
-  Lotte Crunky
-  Lotte +X Blue Citrus
-  Lotte +X Pink Berry
-  Lotte Crunky
-  Rohto Lip Gloss
-  World Grand Champions Cup 2005
-  Rohto C³
-  Lotte +X
-  Lotte +X Gold Pineapple
-  SKY PerfecTV!
-  Mario DDR (Kamenashi Kazuya & Akanishi Jin)
-  903iTV DoCoMo (Kamenashi Kazuya)
-  DoCoMo DCMX (Tanaka Koki)
-  Lotte Crunky (Kamenashi Kazuya)
-  Lotte +X Magic Kiwi
-  Lotte +X gum
-  OXY (Tanaka Koki & Akanishi Jin)
-  Panasonic Lamdash shaver (Kamenashi Kazuya)
-  AOKI 3D suit (Kamenashi Kazuya)
-  AOKI 3D suit (Kamenashi Kazuya)
-  Panasonic Lamdash (Kamenashi Kazuya}
-  Suzuki Solio
- [2007.04.04 - 2010.03.24] Cartoon KAT-TUN (カートゥンKAT-TUN)
Plays & Musicals
-  DREAM BOY
-  SUMMARY of Johnnys World with NEWS
-  Hey!Say! Dream boy! with Kanjani8
-  DREAM BOYS with Kanjani8
-  DREAM BOYS 2007 (Kamenashi, Tanaka)
-  DREAM BOYS 2008 (Kamenashi, Tanaka)
-  DREAM BOYS 2011 (Kamenashi, Tanaka, Nakamaru)
- [2003.12] KAT-TUN 1st. in NEW YORK
- [2009.08] KAT-TUN LIVE DOCUMENT PHOTO BOOK"BREAK the RECORDS"
- [2010.08] Kazuya Kamenashi VS Jin Akanishi KAT-TUN Dattai no Shinjitsu (Feature)
- [2010.04.xx] POTATO 2010 May Issue (Feature)
- [2010.06.xx] Myojo 2010 August Issue (Cover & Feature)
- [2010.07.xx] J Mania 110 (Feature)
- [2010.11.xx] Wink up 2010 December Issue (Feature)
- [2010.11.xx] J Mania 114 (Feature)
- [2011.02.xx] Popolo April 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.02.xx] Duet 2011 March Issue (Feature)
- [2011.03.xx] Popolo May 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.04.xx] duet 2011 May Issue (Pinup)
- [2011.04.xx] Popolo June 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.05.xx] Wink up 2011 June Issue (Feature)
- [2011.05.xx] Popolo July 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.06.xx] Popolo August 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.07.xx] Myojo September 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.07.xx] Monthly The Television 2011 September Issue (Cover & Feature)
- [2011.07.xx] duet August 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.08.xx] duet September 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.08.xx] Wink up September 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.08.xx] POTATO September 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.08.xx] Myojo October 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.08.xx] Popolo October 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.09.xx] POTATO October 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.09.xx] Popolo November 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.10.xx] Popolo December 2011 Issue (Feature)