Yamashita Tomohisa (山下智久) is a Japanese pop singer and actor. On October 7th, 2011, it was announced that he would be leaving the band NEWS and in January 2012, he switched labels to Warner Music Japan.
- Name: Yamashita Tomohisa (山下智久)
- Real Name: Aoki Tomohisa (changed when father left family)
- Nicknames: Yamapi, YamaP, Pi, Tomo-chan
- Birthday: April 9, 1985
- Birthplace: Funabashi, Chiba Prefecture, Japan
- Height: 175cm (5'9")
- Weight: 60kg
- Blood Type: A
- Family: Mother,Rina (younger sister)
- Favorite Phrase: Maji de? (Really?)
- Favorite Band: Southern All Stars
- Hobbies: Listening to music, baseball, skiing, going to the beach
- Favorite Colors: Black, white, red
Yamashita Tomohisa entered Johnny's Entertainment at age 11 in September of 1996. From there he became a very popular Junior, eventually coming to be the leader of the Juniors. He was a member of the group B.I.G. as well as Four Tops, the former hosts of the Shounen Club television program. He was pulled from Four Tops into NEWS when the group was formed.
In NEWS, Yamashita is often in the front and center as he is the most popular member. Despite this attention he maintains a silly personality which occasionally prompts his band mates to question whether he is actually human or not. He is good friends with Akanishi Jin of KAT-TUN and Jin's family, as well as Nishikido Ryo, Shirota Yuu of D-Boys, and Ikuta Toma, formerly of Four Tops.
On the 7th of June 2007 there were news about that Kurosagi would be made into a movie and that Yamashita Tomohisa would star again as Kurosaki. Other former cast members were Horikita Maki and Ichikawa Yui. The movie premiered in March of 2008.
In September 2008, Yamashita graduated from Meiji University, with a major in Business.
On October 7, 2011, it was announced that along with fellow bandmate Nishikido Ryo he would be leaving the band NEWS and that Yamashita would be pursuing a solo career. In January 2012 he switched labels to Warner Music Japan.
- [2014.08.20] Asobi (遊)
- [2006.05.31] Daite Señorita (抱いてセニヨリータ)
- [2009.11.18] Loveless
- [2010.07.28] One in a million
- [2011.01.19] Hadakanbo (はだかんぼー)
- [2012.02.29] I, Texas (愛、テキサス)
- [2012.07.04] LOVE CHASE
- [2013.03.13] Que Sera Sera (怪・セラ・セラ)
- [2013.07.31] SUMMER NUDE '13
- [2011.12.21] Tomohisa Yamashita Asia Tour 2011 Super Good Super Bad
- [2012.04.11] Yamashita Tomohisa Route 66 ~ Tatta Hitori no America DVD Box -Director's Cut Edition- (山下智久・ルート66 ~ たった一人のアメリカ DVD BOX -ディレクターズカット・エディション-)
- [2012.12.19] TOMOHISA YAMASHITA LIVE TOUR 2012 ~Ero P~
- [2014.09.03] TOMOHISA YAMASHITA TOUR 2013 -A NUDE-
- [2015.05.20] TOMOHISA YAMASHITA in LA -Document of “YOUR STEP”- COMPLETE VERSION
Compilations / Other
- [2013.01.28 - present] Generation Tengoku
-  Shinrei Surfer no Shi
-  Shounentachi
-  Nekketsu Renaidou (Episode 7)
-  P.P.O.I
-  Kowai Nichiyoubi (Episode 5)
-  Kowai Nichiyoubi 2 (Episode 13)
-  Kiken na Kankei (Episode 10, Final Episode)
-  Shijou Saiaku no Deeto (Episode 1)
-  All Star Chuushingura Matsuri
-  Ikebukuro West Gate Park
-  Kabachitare!
-  Shounen wa Tori ni Natta
-  Long Love Letter
-  Lunch no Joou
-  Stand Up!
-  Crazy Virgin Road
-  Budou no Ki
-  Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no You ni...
-  Dragon Zakura
-  Nobuta wo Produce
-  Kurosagi
-  Byakkotai
-  Proposal Daisakusen
-  Proposal Daisakusen SP
-  Code Blue
-  Buzzer Beat ~Gakeppuchi no Hero~
-  Code Blue 2
-  Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~
-  Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi 2012
-  MONSTERS
-  SUMMER NUDE
-  Bungu-ken
-  Misawa Homes
-  Kadokawa Shoten "The Television"
-  Ezaki Glico "Kiss Mint"
-  Coca-Cola
-  P&G "Pringles"
- [2003-2008] Morinaga Milk Industry "MOW"
- [2004-2007] TBC Group "Estetic Salon TBC"
- [2007-2009] Kikkoman "Lact-Vege"
-  & Co. "Weider in Jelly"
-  "Toshiba Note PC"
-  "RUSS-K" (with NEWS)
-  LAWSON (with NEWS)
-  KOSÉ "HAPPY BATH DAY" (with NEWS)
- [2009.12.xx] Arena 37 Degree 2010 January Issue (Feature)
- [2010.07.xx] Gekkan Songs August 2010 (Cover & Feature)
- [2011.01.xx] POTATO February 2011 Issue (Feature)
- [2011.06.xx] Popolo August 2011 Issue (Feature)