- Yamagishi Riko (山岸理子, leader) (Light Green)
- Niinuma Kisora (新沼希空) (Light Blue)
- Tanimoto Ami (谷本安美) (Light Purple)
- Kishimoto Yumeno (岸本ゆめの) (Yellow)
- Asakura Kiki (浅倉樹々) (Light Pink)
- Ono Mizuho (小野瑞歩) (joined August 13, 2016) (Emerald Green)
- Onoda Saori (小野田紗栞) (joined August 13, 2016) (Peach)
- Akiyama Mao (秋山眞緒) (joined August 13, 2016) (Light Red)
- Ogata Risa (小片リサ, left December 28, 2020) (Light Orange)
Tsubaki Factory was unveiled on April 28, 2015 through various news articles, and later a special page on the official Hello! Project website. It was revealed that former Berryz Kobo member and Captain, Shimizu Saki, helped in the choosing of both the members and the name of the group while acting in her new role as Hello! Project Advisor. The lineup was announced consisting of only Hello! Pro Kenshuusei trainees, including Ogata Risa, Yamagishi Riko, Niinuma Kisora, Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno, and Asakura Kiki.
The name Tsubaki Factory holds several meanings, most of which surround a type of Camellia tree blossom. "Tsubaki" originates from three kanji used in the past; Tsu (強; strong), Ba (葉; leaves), Ki (木; tree), while in floriography the blossom also holds the meanings of pride, gentleness, and charm. Historically it was believed that the Tsubaki was a holy plant, as it seemed the leaves continued to grow greener during the winter while most other plants withered away for the season. "Factory", similar to fellow Hello! Project group Kobushi Factory, represents the carrying on of the spirit of senior group Berryz Kobo after entering their indefinite hiatus. Following these various meanings the hope is for them to grow into a group that emobides nobility and elegance, and stays fresh and strong like evergreen plants.
The leader and sub-leader of the group, Yamagishi Riko and Ogata Risa respectively, were announced on August 8, 2015 at the "Hello! Project 2015 SUMMER ~CHALLENGER~" concert. Their first indie single was revealed at the same time, to be sold at the "Hello! Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2015 ~September no Nama Tamago Show!~" concert on September 6th. During a fan club event on August 13, 2016 a surprise announcement revealed the addition of three new members taken from the Hello Pro Kenshuusei, Ono Mizuho, Onoda Saori, and Akiyama Mao. The group's major debut was announced the next month on September 4, 2016 at the "Kenshuusei Happyokai 2016 ~SINGING!~" recital, to take place sometime in January 2017.
At another fan club event on October 21, 2016 it was announced that the group's major debut single would be a triple a-side released on February 22, 2017, referred to as Tsubaki no Tsu Tsu Tsu Day using a play on the number 2 and their name. The group revealed the first song from the single at their next fan club event. The name of the leading a-side song was confirmed on January 2nd to be "Hatsukoi Sunrise", the full single being a triple a-side.
On November 9, 2017 it was announced that Tsubaki Factory was the winner of a Newcomer Award from the 50th Japan Cable Awards that was later presented at a ceremony on December 4th. The following week on November 16th it was announced that they were one of the recipients of the Newcomer Award from the 59th Japan Record Awards, and at the ceremony on December 30th it was revealed that they were also the winner of the Best Newcomer Award.
It was announced on September 21, 2018 that Tsubaki Factory would perform the Japanese versions of the opening and ending themes for the animated series "Trolls: Sing Dance Hug! (トロールズ：シング・ダンス・ハグ!), to air on TV Tokyo beginning October 3rd. The songs were titled "Hair up Sora e!" (Hair up 空へ!) and "Mou Saikou!" (もうサイコー!), covers of the original English songs Hair in the air and Best Day Ever. The project would feature a music video for "Mou Saikou!" with choreography by MAIKO.
On October 8, 2020 an announcement was made regarding the indefinite suspension of sub-leader Ogata Risa for a violation of rules. The announcement included statements from both Representative Director Nishiguchi Takeshi and Ogata, explaining that she requested the suspension herself after taking responsibility for leaked posts from a private social media account used as a diary to vent, some containing admittedly untrue and emotionally charged assertions about other members of the group. In her personal statement she acknowledged writing the posts and apologized for her immature behavior, also requesting that fans continue to support Tsubaki Factory while she used her time away to look closely at herself.
Ogata Risa's departure from the group and Hello! Project was announced on December 28, 2020; she would continue to pursue entertainment activities through parent company Up-Front. Ogata expressed a desire to return to performing while acknowledging that she felt she could not return to the group after causing trouble, said she would start over and work hard, and thanked fans for watching over her and continuing to support Tsubaki Factory.
A special joint audition to find new members for Juice=Juice and Tsubaki Factory was announced on January 20, 2021, through episode #359 of the "Hello! Station" webshow. The audition would accept applications from January 22 through March 1, from girls living in Japan between 6th grade elementary and the 2nd year of high school. This was the first audition held for Tsubaki Factory, and the first time the group added members since debuting in 2015.
- [2016.05.17] Tsubaki Factory SOUND + VISION Vol. 1 (つばきファクトリーSOUND＋VISION Vol.1) (Indies)
- [2015.09.06] Seishun Manmannaka! (青春まんまんなか!) (Indies)
- [2015.12.31] Kedakaku Sakihokore! (気高く咲き誇れ!) (Indies)
- [2016.08.06] Hitorijime / Watashi ga Obasan ni Natte mo (独り占め / 私がオバさんになっても) (Indies)
- [2017.02.22] Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia (初恋サンライズ / Just Try! / うるわしのカメリア)
- [2017.07.26] Shuukatsu Sensation / Waratte / Hanamoyou (就活センセーション / 笑って / ハナモヨウ)
- [2018.02.21] Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~ (低温火傷 / 春恋歌 / I Need You ～夜空の観覧車～)
- [2018.07.18] Date no Hi wa Nido Kurai Shower Shite Dekaketai / Junjou cm / Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta (デートの日は二度くらいシャワーして出かけたい / 純情cm / 今夜だけ浮かれたかった)
- [2019.02.27] Sankaime no Date Shinwa / Fuwari, Koi Tokei (三回目のデート神話 / ふわり、恋時計)
- [2020.01.15] Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma / Dakishimerarete Mitai (意識高い乙女のジレンマ / 抱きしめられてみたい)
- [2020.09.30] DanshaISM / Ima Nanji? (断捨ISM / イマナンジ？)
- [2015.10.08] Engeki Joshi-bu Musical "Thank You Very Berry" Original Soundtrack (演劇女子部 ミュージカル「サンクユーベリーベリー」オリジナルサウンドトラック)
- [2016.12.07] Engeki Joshi-bu "Nega Poji Poji" Original Soundtrack (演劇女子部「ネガポジポジ」オリジナルサウンドトラック)
- [2017.12.02] Teion Yakedo (低温火傷)
- [2018.07.17] Hyokkori Hyoutanjima (ひょっこりひょうたん島) (Kobushi Factory / Tsubaki Factory)
- [2019.08.24] Nineteen no Shinkirou ('19 Summer Ver.) (ナインティーンの蜃気楼('19 Summer Ver.))
- Concerts / Live
- [2016.03.28] Tsubaki Factory FC Event 2015 ~Mini Mini ☆ Christmas-kai~ (つばきファクトリーFCイベント2015 ～ミニミニ☆クリスマス会～)
- [2016.12.24] Tsubaki Factory FC Event 2016 (つばきファクトリー FCイベント2016)
- [2017.01.26] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.1~ (つばきファクトリー応援企画 ～キャメリア ファイッ！vol.1～)
- [2017.02.11] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.2~ (つばきファクトリー応援企画 ～キャメリア ファイッ！vol.2～)
- [2017.03.25] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.3~ (つばきファクトリー応援企画 ～キャメリア ファイッ！vol.3～)
- [2017.04.26] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.4 Mini Mini☆Christmas-kai 2~ (つばきファクトリー応援企画 ～キャメリア ファイッ！vol.4 ミニミニ☆クリスマス会2～)
- [2017.06.01] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.5~ (つばきファクトリー応援企画 ～キャメリア ファイッ！vol.5～)
- [2018.05.03] Tsubaki Factory One Man LIVE ~First Blossom~ (つばきファクトリー ワンマンLIVE ～First Blossom～)
- [2018.09.05] Kobushi Factory & Tsubaki Factory Premium Live 2018 Haru "KOBO" (こぶしファクトリー&つばきファクトリー プレミアムライブ2018春 “KOBO”)
- [2019.06.05] Tsubaki Factory Live Tour 2019 Haru Ranman Major Debut 2nd Anniversary Special (つばきファクトリー ライブツアー2019春・爛漫 メジャーデビュー2周年スペシャル)
- Event V
- [2018.04.08] Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~ (低温火傷 / 春恋歌 / I Need You ～夜空の観覧車～)
- [2018.08.21] Date no Hi wa Nido Kurai Shower Shite Dekaketai / Junjou cm / Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta (デートの日は二度くらいシャワーして出かけたい / 純情cm / 今夜だけ浮かれたかった)
- [2019.03.30] Sankaime no Date Shinwa / Fuwari, Koi Tokei (三回目のデート神話 / ふわり、恋時計)
- [2020.02.08] Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma / Dakishimerarete Mitai (意識高い乙女のジレンマ / 抱きしめられてみたい)
- Stage Play
- [2016.02.03] Engeki Joshi-bu Musical "Thank You Very Berry" (演劇女子部 ミュージカル「サンクユーベリーベリー」)
- [2017.05.17] Engeki Joshi-bu "Nega Poji Poji" (演劇女子部「ネガポジポジ」)
- [2019.09.25] Engeki Joshi-bu "Harukanaru Jikuu no Naka de 6 Gaiden ~Tasogare no Kamen~" (演劇女子部「遙かなる時空の中で6 外伝 ～黄昏ノ仮面～」)
- DVD Magazines
- [2016.03.25] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.1
- [2016.09.24] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.2
- [2016.11.03] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.3
- [2017.03.11] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.4
- [2017.10.07] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.5
- [2018.04.15] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.6
- [2018.05.03] Kobushi Factory & Tsubaki Factory DVD Magazine Vol.1
- [2018.09.16] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.7
- [2019.03.10] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.8
- [2019.09.29] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.9
- [2020.02.22] Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE vol.10
- [2020.05.03] Tsubaki Factory DVD Magazine Vol.11
Compilations / Other
- [2015.12.16] Hello! Project - Petit Best 16 (#17 Thank You Very Berry)
- [2016.12.14] Hello! Project - Petit Best 17 (#7 Hitorijime)
- [2017.12.13] Hello! Project - Petit Best 18 (#8 Hatsukoi Sunrise)
- [2018.12.12] Hello! Project - Petit Best 19 (#13 Teion Yakedo, #14 Konya Dake Ukaretakatta, #15 Hyokkori Hyoutanjima)
- [2020.01.08] Hello! Project - Petit Best 20 2020 (Disc 2 #10 Hyoumenchouryoku ~Surface Tension~)
-  50th TBS Nihon Yusen Taishou "TBS Nihon Yusen Taishou New Artist Award"
-  The 59th Japan Record Awards 2017 "New Artist"
-  The 59th Japan Record Awards 2017 "Best New Artist"
- Official Website
- Official Blog
- Official YouTube
- Official Twitter
- Official Facebook
- Official Instagram