1974 (16 Kounen no Houmonsha)
- TM NETWORK
- 1974 (16 Kounen no Houmonsha) (1974 (16光年の訪問者; The Visitor From 16 Light Years Away))
- 1989.09.21 (8cm CD Re-release)
- Catalog Number
- 10･8H-3145 (8cm CD Re-release)
- ¥983 (8cm CD Re-release)
- 1974 (16 Kounen no Houmonsha) (1974 (16光年の訪問者))
- Panoramagic (Astronaut no Higeki) (パノラマジック (アストロノーツの悲劇); The Tragedy of an Astronaut)
"1974 (16 Kounen no Houmonsha)" is TM NETWORK's second single. The single was released after appearing on the album RAINBOW RAINBOW. The guitarist Kine Naoto was referred as a "mysterious" member during this single's release as he didn't appear on the cover and only appeared briefly in the music video. Both "1974 (16 Kounen no Houmonsha)" and "Panoramagic (Astronaut no Higeki)" features a techno-pop sound akin to Yellow Magic Orchestra. It was reported that the title song was a hit in Hokkaido. However, the single was semi-hit around Japan as it reached #44 on the weekly Oricon charts.
The single was re-released in 1989 as a 8cm CD single.