Nicole (니콜) is a Korean pop singer currently under JWK Entertainment in Korea and Dreamusic in Japan. She was a member of the girl group KARA, and a member of the one-time unit Dazzling RED. In October, 2013 it was announced that Nicole would depart from KARA. She officially left the group in January 16, 2014 due to her not renewing her contract with DSP Media. She rejoined KARA in 2022 for their 15th Anniversary promotions.
- 1 Profile
- 2 Information
- 3 Korean Discography
- 4 Japanese Discography
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Trivia
- 7 External Links
- Stage Name: Nicole (니콜) (ニコル)
- Birth Name: Nicole Jung (니콜정)
- Korean Name: Jung Yongjoo (정용주)
- Nickname: Yongjoo, Tweety, Cole, Nikori, Ko Ri, Cole ah, Nicol Nicol Nicolru (Japanese)
- Birthdate: October 7, 1991
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: Christian
- Height: 165cm
- Weight: 45kg
- Global Christian School
- Laurel Springs School
- Language: English (Fluent), Japanese (Basic), Spanish (Basic)
- Instruments: Violin
- Skills / Talent: Dancing, singing, rapping, English, cooking, TV personality
- Hobbies: Violin, watching movies, listening to music, making food, eating
- Favorite Korean Artist: Shinhwa
Nicole Jung was born in Los Angeles, California and raised in Glendale. In February 2006, Nicole left the United States to South Korea to become a singer. She signed with DSP Entertainment and debuted in 2007 with KARA as a vocalist, rapper, and the maknae, or youngest. When member Sung Hee withdrew from the group, Jung's role in the group changed. She was no longer the maknae which went to Ji Young, and she became a lead vocalist.
She was featured on Sunha's first album Fahrenheit in the song "String", and she wrote the rap lyrics for "Rock U" and also came up with the "Yo Jump" segment for the song's choreography. Jung also joined Star Golden Bell, hosting the segment "Let's Think Alike (Season 2)" in which the guests have to guess a term or title from her clues; the challenge comes due to her comparative lack of skill and experience with the Korean language. Jung also sang a duet called "Happy And" with Noel member Kang Kyoon Seong.
On January 13, 2014, it was announced that Nicole would be withdrawing from KARA due to the expiration of her contract with DSP Media and that Nicole will be flying to the States for two months to focus on improving her vocal and dance skills while preparing to make a solo debut.
On October 14, 2014, Nicole officially signed an exclusive contract with B2M Entertainment.
Japanese promotions and hiatus
On June 24, 2015, Nicole released her first single Something Special in Japan. Eight months later she released her second Japanese single DON'T STOP on February 17, 2016, followed by her first studio album bliss in April. She had her first solo concerts titled "2016 Nicole The 1st Live" in Japan spanning two days, April 29, 2016, and May 1, 2016.
After that she ended her contract with CJ Victor in 2016 & B2M in 2017 and joined Diamond Music for her Japanese promotions. In 2019 she released two digital singles, Promise and Champions (Prod.Tome&Jame) in Japan and afterwards went on hiatus until 2022.
Comeback and KARAs 15th Anniversary promotions
On June 11, 2022, all former KARA members reunited for a group photoshoot which was shared on each of their Instagram accounts. Three days later, it was reported that the members were in the process of discussing a reunion single in celebration of their 15th anniversary.
In July 2022, Nicole signed with the new label JWK Entertainment to resume Korean promotions. She made here comeback on July 27 with the digital single YOU.F.O.
On September 19, 2022, it was announced that KARA would be releasing an album under RBW to commemorate the 15th anniversary of their debut in November, with Nicole and Jiyoung rejoining the group. On October 18, it was confirmed that the new album, MOVE AGAIN, would be released on November 29. On October 20, it was announced that the Japanese version of the album would be released. After the release of the new album, KARA hold fan meetings in Fukuoka, Yokohama, etc. starting in Osaka, Japan on February 23, 2023.
In November 2022, Nicole signed with Dreamusic to resume her solo promotions in Japan.
On March 8, 2023, it was announced that KARA would be holding a fan meeting in South Korea on April 8, marking their first Korean fan meet in 9 years.
On March 9, 2023, Nicole made her solo comeback with the digital single Mysterious.
Nicole is sheduled to release her third Japanese single "Selfish" on May 10, 2023, her first release in Japan in four years.
- [2014.11.19] First Romance
- [2009.04.10] Happy And (Kang Kyun Sung & Nicole)
- [2010.07.20] Gorae (Myungcole Drive (Park Myung Soo & Nicole))
- [2020.10.06] Exos Heroes OST Part 2 (엑소스 히어로즈)
- [2022.07.27] YOU.F.O
- [2023.03.09] Mysterious
- [2008.01.25] Sunha - Fahrenheit (#1 Kkeun)
- [2010.01.10] MBC Music Travel LaLaLa Live Vol. 7 - (#2 "Gil" ("Road") ) (Nicole & KARA)
- [2010.01.24] MBC Music Travel LaLaLa Live Vol. 11 - (#1 Bingeul Bingeul) (Nicole, Gyuri, SeungYeon (KARA) & No Brain)
- [2011.12.24] Immortal Song 2: Christmas Special (#1 White Winter) (Nicole, Ji Young & SeungYeon)
- [2016.04.27] bliss
-  The Person Is Coming
-  URAKARA
-  Secret Love
-  Star Golden Bell
-  Bonanza
-  Republic of Korea Star Rankings
-  Nicole the Entertainer's Introduction to Veterinary Science
-  Heroes
-  Family Outing
-  Invincible Youth
-  Inkigayo
-  Good Sunday
-  My Way (cameo)
-  KARA The Animation
- Her mother owns a noodle shop in Seoul.
- She is good friend of SHINee's Key and Girls' Generation's Seo Hyun.
- She has two puppies, Mocha and Chino.
- Her favorite color is orange.
- Her favorite food is potato chips.
- Official Artist Profile
- Official Japanese Website
- Official Japanese Twitter
- Official Personal Twitter
- Official Personal Instagram
- Former Official Cafe
- Former Official Japan Fan Club
- Former Official Facebook
- Former Official YouTube
- Former Official Korean Twitter