Down Town (Sakamoto Maaya)
- Sakamoto Maaya
- DOWN TOWN
- Ito Ginji
- Yamashita Taro
- Other Information
- Arrangement: Hattori Takayuki
- Sound produced by Hattori Takayuki
- Conductor: Hattori Takayuki
- Drums: Tsuruya Tomoo
- Bass: Watanabe Naoki
- Electric guitar: Furukawa Masayoshi
- String: RUSH by TAKASHI KATO
- Alto saxophone: Hirahara Makoto, Yoshinaga Hisashi
- Tenor saxophone: Yoshida Osamu
- Baritone saxophone: Tsuzurano Atsushi
- Trumpet: Nishimura Kouji, Sugasaka Masahiko, Yokoyama Hitoshi
- Trombone: Nakagawa Eijiro, Shishiuchi Kanade
- Bass trombone: Yamashiro Junko
- Backing vocals: Hiyama Kiyoshi, Kido Yasuhiro, Mitani Yasuhiro, Sakamoto Maaya
- Synthesizer programming: Kuriyama Yoshichika
- Recording & Mixing engineer: Yamada Nobumasa
- Assistant engineer: Saito Chie, Kumate Tooru
- Recording studios: STUDIO SOUND INN, VICTOR STUDIO
- Mixing studio: amp'box
"DOWN TOWN" is a pop song recorded by Sakamoto Maaya. The song first appeared as the first A-side of Sakamoto's 18th single "DOWN TOWN / Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta Nara" and was later featured in her seventh studio album, You can't catch me as track #3. The song is a cover of SUGAR BABE's 1975 hit of the same name and was used as the opening theme for the anime Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru.
There are three known versions of "DOWN TOWN" to be found in Sakamoto Maaya's discography. These include:
- DOWN TOWN
- Found on the DOWN TOWN / Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta Nara single as track #1, You can't catch me album as track #3 and Single Collection+ Mitsubachi as track #3. This is the main version set to the PV.
- DOWN TOWN -instrumental-
- Found on the DOWN TOWN / Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta Nara single as track #3. This is the standard version except without vocals.
- DOWN TOWN (Live Version)
- Found on the bonus CD of Buddy single as track #3. This version is from her live concert at Tokyo International Forum Hall A, in her LIVE TOUR 2011 "You can't catch me" on June 3rd and 4th, 2011.