Meitantei Conan Meikyuu no Crossroad
Meitantei Conan Meikyuu no Crossroad (名探偵コナン 迷宮の十字路; Detective Conan Crossroad in the Ancient Capital) is the seventh movie released for the Meitantei Conan anime. It was released in Japan on April 19th, 2003. This was the first film in full-length traditional digital paint. The movie was the third with most income in 2003 compared to other Japanese films, with an income of 3.2 billion yen.
Conan visits Kyoto along with his girlfriend Ran, her best friend and Kogoro to find out about the national treasure that had been stolen eight years ago from the distinguished Sanno Temple with a long historical standing. The only clue to the whereabouts of the treasure is to decode a mysterious picture. Conan, who suspects that the theft case may in some way be connected to the serial murder case, sets off to resolve the case. There is a youth who visits Kyoto just a bit earlier than Conans group to investigate the murder case. It is Heiji. Although the two boys are usually in strife with each other, this time, the two super detectives join hands to save their best friend in the most unexpected way. A childrens song opens the door of memory that leads to reveal the truth that is hidden in the picture.
Will Conan be able to walk out of the crossroad of a hundred years of history?
- Kudo Shinichi / Edogawa Conan: Yamaguchi Kappei / Takayama Minami
- Mouri Ran: Yamazaki Wakana
- Mouri Kogoro: Kamiya Akira
- Hattori Heiji: Horiwaka Ryo
- Toyama Kazuha: Miyamura Yuko
- Miyano Shiho / Haibara Ai: Hayashibara Megumi
- Professor Agasa: Ogata Kenichi
- Suzuki Sonoko: Matsui Naoko
- Yoshida Ayumi: Iwai Yukiko
- Kojima Genta: Takagi Wataru
- Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko: Ohtani Ikue
- Inspector Megure: Chafurin
- Shiratori Ninzaburo: Shiozawa Kaneto
- Takagi Wataru: Takagi Wataru
- Ayanokoji Fumimaro: Okiayu Ryotaro
- Kodama Kenji, Nishimori Akira (sub)
- Kouchi Kazunari
- Kodama Kenji, Nishimori Akira
- Sato Chiharu, Kitahata Toru
- Animation chief
- Sudo Masatomo
- Animation director
- Yamanaka Junko
- Assistant director
- Muta Seiji, Itojima Masahiko
- Animation director (action)
- Shimizu Yoshihiro
- Theme song
- Insert song
The movie was first released on DVD on December 17th, 2003. It was first released on VHS on April 7th, 2004. The Blu-ray version wasn't released until October 24th, 2010.
The soundtrack album was released on April 16th, 2003.
|Format||Release date||Catalog Number||Price||Oricon Charts|
|Blu-ray||2010.12.24||ONXD-1995||¥5,184||#270 / 1 week|
|DVD||2011.02.25||ONBD-3007||¥3,240||#130 / 9 weeks|
|Blu-ray||2018.12.07||ONXD-3007||¥3,240||#21 / 2 weeks|
The DVD includes the movie trailer, and Blu-ray has the same contents as the DVD but with an additional mini-booklet explaining the film.
- Oricon Profile: DVD (2003) | Blu-ray (2010) | DVD (2011) | Blu-ray (2018)
- TMS Entertainment Official Website (Japanese)
- TMS Entertainment Official Website (English)
- 'Meitantei Conan Meikyuu no Crossroad' @ IMDb