Baby Don't Cry (Amuro Namie)
- Amuro Namie
- Baby Don't Cry
- Catalog Number
- AVCD-31175 (CD+DVD)
- AVCD-31176 (CD)
- ¥1,890 (CD+DVD)
- ¥1,050 (CD)
- CD Tracklist
- Baby Don't Cry
- Baby Don't Cry (TV MIX)
- Nobody (TV MIX)
- DVD Tracklist
- Baby Don't Cry (PV)
"Baby Don't Cry" is the 30th single released by Amuro Namie, and is produced by Nao'ymt. It was released in two versions: a CD+DVD version and CD. "Baby Don't Cry" was used as the theme song for the dorama Himitsu no Hanazono and the JoySound commercial song. This is the second single fully produced by Nao'ymt. The song has been described is a mid-tempo ballad, with an R&B twist. The B-side, "Nobody" was originally planned for the "White Light / Violet Sauce" single, but was changed in the last minute; it has the same music as the A-side "White Light".
The single has been certified Gold for over 100,000 shipments by the Recording Industry Association of Japan. "Baby Don't Cry" has also been certified Million for ringtone downloads of over 1,000,000 , and Double Platinum for cellphone downloads for over 500,000, and Gold for over 100,000 downloads by RIAJ.
The music video for "Baby Don't Cry" is directed by longtime collaborater Muto Masashi. It features Amuro stylishly walking around a city singing in the winter time.
- [2008.02.27] NAMIE AMURO PLAY TOUR 2007 (#13)
- [2009.09.09] namie amuro BEST FICTION TOUR 2008-2009 (#30)
- [2010.12.15] namie amuro PAST<FUTURE tour 2010 (#15)
- [2013.02.27] namie amuro 5 Major Domes Tour 2012 ~20th Anniversary Best~ (#27)
- [2007.01.26] Ongaku Senshi MUSIC FIGHTER
- [2007.02.03] CDTV
- [2007.02.05] Hey! Hey! Hey!
- [2007.03.16] Pop Jam Reprise
Oricon Chart Positions
The single reached #3 on the weekly Oricon chart, and continued to rank for a total of 15 weeks. It sold 144,081 copies in 2007, it became the #48 single of the year. This is her best-selling of her PLAY-era singles. It is also her highest charting single on the monthly charts since her single "RESPECT the POWER OF LOVE" in 1999. This Amuro's first single in six years to sell over 50,000 copies in the first week and it is the highest-selling single in Amuro's discography since 2001's "Say the word".
- Total Reported Sales: 144,081
- Total Reported Ringtone Downloads by RIAJ: 1,000,000
- Total Reported Full-track Downloads by RIAJ: 750,000
- Oricon Profile: CD+DVD | CD
- Lyrics: Kana | Romaji and English translation