- Hamasaki Ayumi
- Catalog Number
Voyage is Hamasaki Ayumi's 28th single. Voyage was used as the theme song for the movie Tsuki ni Shizumu and theme song for the TBS dorama My Little Chef. It was released on the same day as her remix album Cyber TRANCE presents ayu trance 2. It reached #1 on the Oricon charts and sold 628,730 copies in 2002, becoming the #9 single of the year. It charted for 21 weeks and sold a total of 679,463 copies. Voyage was performed at the annual Kouhaku Uta Gassen and won a Nippon Record Taisho award.
- Live Performances
- [2002.09.01] a-nation '02
- [2002.09.27] MUSIC STATION
- [2002.09.28] CDTV
- [2002.10.14] HEY! HEY! HEY! MUSIC CHAMP
- [2002.11.07] ASIA DREAM LIVE
- [2002.11.30] Japan Request Awards
- [2002.12.05] FNS Music Festival
- [2002.12.13] Japan Cable Awards
- [2002.12.27] MUSIC STATION Special
- [2002.12.31] Kouhaku Uta Gassen
- [2002.11.30] Japan Record Awards
- [2002.12.31] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2002-2003 A
-  avex Shareholders Limited Live
- [2007.02.26] SMAPxSMAP (AYU x SMAP)
- [2008.04.05~11.02] ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ Live in TAIPEI
- [2013.04.13~07.28] ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~
- [2017.05.13~07.17] ayumi hamasaki Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017
- [2018.08.11] MUSIC FAIR
- [2018.12.15] MUSIC FAIR
- [2021.06.26~27] ayumi hamasaki MUSIC for LIFE ~return~
- Hamasaki Ayumi
- CREA + D・A・I
- Other Information
- Original mix
- Arrangement: Shima Ken
- Piano: Shima Ken
- Rhythm Operation: Egawa Genta
- Guitars: Ogura Hirokazu
- Synth Bass: Shima Ken
- Strings: Gen Ittetsu Group
- Wind Chime: Shima Ken
- B.G. Vocal: Hirotani Junko, Kido Yasuhiro, Andrea L. Hopkins, Daniel Morgan
- Programming: Iida Takahiro, Kadoya Yoshiori
- Mixed by Matsumoto Yasuo
- A Classical ver.
It starts showing a young woman in a mental hospital, with doctors watching visions of her past life. In her past-life, she was to be sacrificed in a ritual, but her soulmate rescues her. They escape and run, but in the end they are caught and he is killed defending her. She is then sacrificed in the lake.
In the present day, she sees a visitor and she goes mad trying to reach him. In the end, they reunite in the present-day lake and realize they share a past life. The PV ends with them hugging each other.
- Director: Yukisada Isao
- Cast: Hamasaki Ayumi, Iseya Yuusuke, Nakamura Kumi, Kagawa Teruyuki, Itoi Shigesato, Iwashita Masayuki
Click "Expand" for more details:
- produced by max matsuura
- A&R + Directed by Yasuyuki Tomita
- Mastered by Shigeo Miyamoto at FLAIR
- A&R Coordination chief: Nobuhito Ikehata (avex trax)
- A&R Supervisor: Hidemi Arasaki (avex trax)
- Executive Supervisor: Katsuro Oshita (avex trax)
- Artist Management: Yuka Kikuchi, Junichi Kamitoku, Kouji Hashimoto (avex inc.)
- Artist Promotion: Kentaro Furusawa & avex Domestic Repertoire Promotion Dept.3, Akira Akutsu & avex inc. Advertisement Division
- Sales Promotion: Tomotsugu Ota, Kazuo Kosugi, Yasuhiro Yamamoto & All avex distribution Staff
- Advisory Producers: Ryuhei Chiba, Motohiro Abe (avex inc.), Ryuzo Shoji (to max inc.), Yoshihisa Nagata (prime direction inc.)
- General Producer: Shinji Hayashi (avex trax)
- Specially Coordinated by Tom Yoda (avex group)
- Art Direction: Shinichi Hara
- Design: Tsukasa Yagi (RICE)
- Creative Coordination: Naoki Ueda (avex trax)
- Photographer: Mitsuo Yamamoto (Super Continental)
- Fashion Director: Koji Matsumoto
- Stylist: Fumiharu Minoshima (OFFICE án·gel)
- Costume Thanks: Akira Noda (workaholik), Hideo Suzue
- Hair & Make up: Keizo Kuroda (NEST +Allure)
- Assistant Hair & Make up: Takahiro Yamashita, Yoshinori 'Barber' Ito
- Nail Artist: Kanako 'Bancho' Miura
- Stand In: Atsuko 'Minori' Kubota
- Location Transport: Katsukasa Numakura (Nai'a, Inc.)
Oricon Chart Positions
|Week||Week Rank||Sales||Total Sales|
Total Reported Sales: 679,463* (#9 single of 2002)
The following are the different versions of this song released throughout Hamasaki Ayumi's discography, listed chronologically.
- Found on the RAINBOW album as track #14. This is the standard version of the song.
- Voyage -Instrumental-
- Found on the "Voyage" single as track #4. This is the standard version without the main vocals.
- Voyage "Sweet Mix"
- Found on the ayumi hamasaki RMX WORKS from SUPER EUROBEAT presents ayu-ro mix 3 remix album as track #12. This is a remixed version by Laurent Newfield.
- Voyage "Dirt Devils remix"
- Found on the ayumi hamasaki RMX WORKS from Cyber TRANCE presents ayu TRANCE 3 remix album as track #3. It was remixed by Jono Grant, Paavo Siljamaki & Tony McGuinness.
- Voyage "Dub's Old Style Basic Remix"
- Found on the ayumi hamasaki RMX WORKS from ayu-mi-x 5 non stop mega mix remix album as track #7. This is a remix by Dub Master X.
- Voyage "83key's Eternal Remix"
- Found on the ayumi hamasaki RMX WORKS from ayu-mi-x 5 non stop mega mix remix album as track #15. Remixed by 83key.
- Voyage "Acoustic Orchestra Version"
- Found on the "No way to say" single as track #5. This arrangement was made by Shima Ken and mixed by Kumasaka Satoshi.
- Voyage (TURBO's Circuit mix)
- Found on the ayu-mi-x 7 -version HOUSE- remix album as track #9. This is a remix by TURBO.
- Voyage - A Classical ver.
- Found on the A Classical remix album as track #7. This version has a classical arrangement by Yamamoto Sayaka.
- Voyage - ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~
- Found on the ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ live album as track #11. This is the live recording of her performance on the ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ tour.
- Voyage [Pachelbel's Canon]
- Found on the LOVE CLASSICS album as track #1. This is a mash-up between the original song and Johann Pachelbel's "Canon".
- Oricon Profile
- ayu's Official YouTube Channel: MUSIC VIDEO | "Original Mix" | "Sweet Mix" | "Instrumental" ver. | "Acoustic Orchestra Version" | "LOVE CLASSICS" Ver. | "Acapella" ver.